1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady for Scoring Title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Feb 5, 2005.

1. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Glad I'm not the only one the feels that way.

Who cares, after the 100th time, it's annoying.

2. New Jack

New Jack Member

Yeah, it does get annoying when people keep saying the same thing over and over again doesn't it?

3. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

THANKS !

that was my whole point

from now on New Jack...I've got your back

[​IMG]

4. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Oh yes it does, nomatter who's saying it.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Iverson is a scoring machine with no one to defer to. Amare will keep up his scoring as long as Nash is playing.

I doubt TMac will catch up.

6. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

maybe I should revise my statement

Its all Nash's fault :D

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

If we are leading in games and don't need Yao in the game and are resting him i think he can get his extra points in the fourth quarter to keep his average high enough to win the scoring title.

But if we are down in games or fighting for the win i am sure McGrady will be more team orientated to make sure we win.

8. danielf

danielf Contributing Member

I think the scoring title will be won by someone who wants to win the scoring title, which I dont think includes Tmac.

9. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

you're worried about mr. amare ruining tmac's chances please amare will end up falling off the pace but amare isnt going to move up the point standings. T-mac to the top 3

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Last time I checked, JVG was still our coach. So, this IS JVG ball.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i did fail the last math class i took in college. but i tried.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Last thing I want Tmac to worry about is his scroing title. I want him to worry about in order

1. Team's performance
    2. His Health
    3. His family's health
    4. His teammate's health
    5. and Maybe scoring title

:D

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yes, but wouldn't you have to say that this is really the new and improved JVG ball. Because before now, JVG ball was a grind it out, run the shot clock down offense combined with suffocating defense. Now JVG ball is good defense combined with an opportunistic fast break, TMac throwing up bombs early in the shotclock, and taking the first really good shot, instead of squeezing the air out of the ball for 20 seconds every posession.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well over the last month he's been in the 29ppg range (29.7 to be precise), with over 6 assists per game.

Iverson has probably got too much of a head-start - can't see him dipping under 28ppg by seasons end - so McGrady better get cracking!

15. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

uhhhh, good point, except that Iverson is #4 in the league in asissts per game...:rolleyes:

16. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

who cares about scoring!!! i surely don't want tmac to get in to the numbers game. just care about winning!!!:)

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you are totally correct.

Tmac said as much in an interview earlier in the season...he said that he has already won the scoring title...twice...now they only thing he cares about winning is a championship....scoring title is kinda like..been there, done that. (paraphrasing of course)

18. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

For some odd reason I think T-mac is secretly trying to make a run at a 3-peat scoring title... I think that is what drives him a little, but for the benefit of our team as well.. Imagine if one of Yao's goal was to be scoring champion?

I think T-Mac might even be a selfish player, but he's so selfish he even wants to lead the team in assist and rebounds and he also wants that CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! That's what a superstar is made out of, drive. A superstar has to be selfish, for the team's sake. Yao has to learn this.

"This rebound is mine and only mine!"
    "Why Sura no pass..... GIVE ME THAT BALL!" tee hee
    "He ain't dunking on ME, I'M YAO MING, BIG YAO! ARGH!! *block*"

We need Yao to be Meao, just like t-mac is Me-Mac. Because no matter what anyone says, there's always going to be a M-E in T-E-A-M.

Summarization of post: T-mac doesn't have a selfish personality on the court. He may look selfish because he can do what others can't. If he has the tools why not use them? Yao should take a page out of T-mac's book. T-mac's drive for another scoring title, stats, and the championship is what brings him to the next level, and since he is on a TEAM it is the TEAM that follows to the next level with him. Despite my attempt of a humorous post labelled T-mac "me-Mac", I do not think T-mac is a selfish player and he really just wants to win now. Yao needs to learn how to be the M-E in T-E-A-M.

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

A p***y cat?

20. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

IMO, I think it could still happen. I'll do the math when I get home, but I'm pretty sure with an average of 32 ppg or so from now on for TMac could get it done.