1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

McGrady - Crawfishin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spaceage808, Nov 10, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

morey didn't deny the "new" target date of 11/18 yesterday, which made me believe everyone was on board with that.

but again, tracy had to let everyone know about it before the team can make sure about it.

all a misunderstanding due to tracy's big mouth.

he'll stay, and he'll play. my OWN target date is the end of november.

2. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

With some of the comments i read here I think that Tmac has slept with some of your gfs.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

in other news.. dick justice says T-mac has never looked good on court.. i dunno where that came from.. :eek:

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The guy was probably just overexcited about his progress and misspoke. Cut him a break for once. He wants to be back and should have probably checked with the team before trying to predict when he could be back (although it IS his body, so he knows better than anyone how he's feeling), but there's no hidden drama going on here. Just maybe a little lack of foresight.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i would take anything richard justice says about basketball with a grain of salt

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Like I said, he just needs to shut the hell up and do what the team tells him to. He'll get his chance...

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Come on guys, this makes perfect sense.

He wants to come back on the 18th but he doesn't want to come back before the 23rd. Nothing contradicting about those two statements.

8. young truth

young truth Member

^^^^^

The potential of Killing the team's chemistry is still one of the problems associated with t-mac.

There is a difference between practicing with a guy knowing he won't be playing a real game with you and practicing with a guy knowing he will be on the court with you come game day.

So i'm sure if T-Mac was guaranteed he will playing he will be playing on the 18th, you might start hearing stuff about his practice ethics

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm surprised that no one caught this as I found this to be very telling:

Loosely translated means Rockets aren't really interested in having me (McGrady) do much for them aka Morey not a fan of the T-Mac show anymore (although he may never had been in the first place.)

10. DaDream

DaDream Member

this sounds like McGrady speaking his feelings about wanting to play before consulting with the team
    Management seems to have a hidden agenda. WHY do they have to wait til Nov. 24th??????? He wants to play.... they don't want him to until a after a certian date. If he is healthy enough to play and doctors clear him, let him play his way back into the line up. Or trade him.
    hmmmmmm

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

THAT IS WHAT I WAS THINKING AND SAYING

He didn't say anything like 'I am comming back on the 18th of November so you better buy your ticket, get a lot of beer and WATCH OUT - imma BACK'

It was just a target day, something closer than 'not ready yet' or 'no timetable'.

And, Morey didn't really deny that date. We know it is not very likely but just a target date. As I was saying yesterday - That means he is damn CLOSE

Oh yes. That's 200% right. But tell me, WHO THE HELL CARES? It only 5 days after the 18th. If the Rockets want 23, let it be. He can wait a week.

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Like others have said it might have something to do with insurance money, I don't know though. It is just speculation, might be something to it.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Who cares about Dick Justice. Why do you think he is called Dick :D?

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Friedman just said they don't want him "in and out" but 100% when he returns from his injury.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's 100%. But from all those statments from Daryl, from Tracy himself and from other sources you can say he is close. That is a good sign. Of course, you also have Mr Justice who thinks he looks bad.

Btw, look how many comments he has on his blog. He didn't even bother to answer ONE small question.

16. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Agree 100%. He is just not smart enough to not repeat last year's drama. Rockets management is not doing a good job either. They need to assign somebody to be with him 24/7 like a baby sitter.

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Damage control but internally the damage has been done.

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm glad the tmac hate is back, its such a love/hate relationship wth most of you guys, love him when pictures of him come out, hate him when he opens his mouth. :D

The guy will always be an a-hole, he has proved it over his entire career.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Do you tmac haters have no idea how hard it is for a player in any sport to sit out. Can you imagine being out for so long?

I wouldnt blame tmac if suddenly woke up yesterday feeling great and optimistic about playing and decided to tell someone that hes ready.

what do you want him to do, stay at home and watch the game that he has played and worked hard on all of his life.

You people need to get a different perspective from a professional athlete. Hes got something to prove to everyone, so just let him share his enthusiasm.

(for the record im not a professional athlete, i just think many of us are closed minded and blinded by all the money these players make)

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's simple. T-mac wants to play because that's what players want to do.

Mgmt wants to be cautious because that's what managers do.