1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McDyess just tipped in the game winner against L.A.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houseofglass21, Feb 4, 2011.

1. houseofglass21

Not a big Spurs fan, but it was great seeing the look of shock and disappointment on the Lakers and their fans faces after Antonio McDyess tipped in the game winner tonight. McDyess is a pretty nice guy, he comes into where I work every now and then in the summer, guess he lives here in Houston.

2. supdudes

supdudes Member

Shudap lol

3. Ditty

Ditty Member

go spurs!!!! :grin: :grin:

4. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Member

Screw the Spurs!

Only time where 2 > 4.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Great tip. Dont like either but hate LA

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/teMBrJulmtM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/teMBrJulmtM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL at crowd reaction

good job Spurs, that must have hurt a lot for Laker fans

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

That was actually a nice tip.

Still hate both teams though.

8. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

This just makes me more sad that we didn't win. The crowd would have eaten them alive!!!

9. Ditty

Ditty Member

? :confused:

don't get it

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

mcdyess is a great guy. man that was awesome. i don't like either team and i both wish they could have lost, but i think i hate the lakers more since it was in their building. :grin:

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not just the tip but he had the offensive rebound which lead to another possession for the spurs with about 16 seconds left and he was the guy who crashed the boards which forced the lakers to tip the ball out of bounds with 4.5 seconds left.

the guy deserved the basket after securing two extra possession for his team with his hustle, and it was appropriate it came off of a tip.

12. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

championships i believe

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was rooting for the Spurs, but that tip brought back bad memories of the I-10 Robbery in 1993, where David Robinson tipped home a game winning basket a full second after the buzzer in the last regular season game, that basically cost the Rockets homecourt advantage (and most likely victory) over the Sonics in Game 7 and a trip to the WCF's. Had replay/red backboard light existed back then, there's no way that one would have counted

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The Spurs are ahead of the Lakers now for me on the list of teams I don't like.

16. Prince

Prince Member

A Tinman moment.

17. mrjuandiego1988

plays like these through out the season almost every time mean you're destined to win the championship. F YOU spurs :mad: :mad: and lakers

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Great, courageous, old man McDyess-- he must remember re-injuring that knee on a rebound-dunk way back when, back when he was a high flyer. He just showed he's more than a pick-and-pop player.

BTW, why do people hate the Spurs? Now that Bowen's gone, they don't really have any dirty players, do they? (Well, Tony Parker's a dirty little philandering frog, but that's off the court.) I admire the way they play, in what I've seen of them this year, and root for them-- unless someone convinces me I should not root for them-- when they're not playing the Rockets.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't hate the Spurs, but you're wrong in saying they don't have any dirty players left.

Manu Ginobili is one of the dirtiest players in the league. I can think of multiple times in his career where he's injured guys by either flopping into them or sliding under them while they're in the air.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Love the Spurs. That was sweet.