1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McCain becoming desperate...The Smear Tatics being readied: Wright, Ayers, Resko..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Sep 30, 2008.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Apparently you haven't seen Jorge's diatribe that it would take 15 libs to agree to the terms before he deems it worthy of consideration. so I think you, CB and Sam are the only takers so far.

2. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

What if I agree to stay away for fifteen years? (Fourteen on top of my bet with thumbs, ROXRAN, and IROC it).

Also, wouldn't this just mean he'd post on bigtexxx all the time instead?

3. mc mark

What's really funny is that when Obama wins, I'm going to be so excited I'll probably disappear for a few months! I'm sure D&D will all take a break for a while. ROCKETS SEASON!!!!

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

See as an Obama voter I really don't want T_J to go anywhere, but I have a strong suspicion that he won't be posting anything for a while once Obama wins. The comic relief that the Conquistadork provides is too great to risk losing so I really hope he keeps posting and gracefully accepts defeat. But we all know he's not wired for that.

5. mc mark

here it comes....

I'm not going to link the ad, but there is now an ad that suggests that Obama doesn't care if babies die. As TMP says...

in the next month, we're going to see an assault on Obama's character, patriotism, and fitness to be president that is unprecedented in American politics.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This was expected. The key is whether these ads get traction. If McCain doesn't close the gap within 2 weeks, he is dead in the water because the national GOP will desert him and focus on Senate races. McCain & co. absolutely must throw everything they have (including the kitchen sink) into the next 10-15 days and make it a race or his campaign will become irrelevant.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It will reek of desperation and the public will see right through it. The same way they have with Palin and the suspension stunt.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

11. mc mark

Obama camp releases pre-emptive ad strike against McCain's planned character assault.

30 seconds

<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1185304443" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1836680040&playerId=1185304443&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The stunts are coming every minute from McCain - more depressing pandering below:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/12-PGr-8Jhs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/12-PGr-8Jhs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Unfortunately, these stunts will work. Look for McCain to gain a few points.

14. mc mark

Hopefully, not this time! :cool:

I think people are wise to them now and see them for what they are.

Stay focused….

15. aghast

aghast Member

The gloves are off, finally. Apparently, "palling around" with terrorists was the final straw.

Chuck Keating All-Stars

Paid for by Obama for America.

16. Major

Major Member

I'm not a fan of going here. But I will say - the Obama team counterpunches faster and more efficiently than maybe any Presidential candidate we've had in a long, long time. It doesn't make him a better President (maybe the opposite), but it certainly makes him a more effective candidate.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I can't wait to hear the mccain camp call foul.

18. aghast

aghast Member

Ignoring it, assuming the public is smart enough to see through the nonsense: John Kerry 2004.

I'm hoping the counterpunching is like Carville/Stephanopoulos in '92. Clinton war room. Like every interview I've seen with Paul Begala over the past few months, like his article here , paraphrasing: Everybody keeps talking about whether Obama can hit back. No: hit first, but hit fairly. Go on the offense. Attack attack attack.

Charles Keating has significantly more to do with how McCain would preside over today's financial mess than Ayers/Rezko/Wright over Obama combined. By multitudes, no contest. Imagine, for example, the outcry if Michelle Obama had an undisclosed $300,000 business venture with the AIG CEO today, and Obama was seen currying favors for the bailout.

Forget the rope-a-dope; it's about time.

Edit: I just tried googling Talking Points Memo for a citation on the Cindy McCain $300 G business deal with Keating, and the sponsored link at the top was back to Obama's Keating website:

"McCain and the Keating 5?
    McCain.KeatingEconomics.com See Why John McCain Was Reprimanded by the Senate Ethics Committee."

They're really going to advertise this. Sweet.

19. mc mark

Today's sleaze watch: McCain rallies have started referring to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sigh, I'm losing faith in people.