1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

You are ****ing stupid with your analysis and trying so hard to be a ****in insider.......pathetic.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Paint protection is not the problem with him. Even in Game 2, he was able to make it difficult for Draymond to make layups. The rest of his game was trash. Offense is his biggest issue. He needs to work on that throughout the off season, but he is never going to be a 3 point shooter.

3. basketballholic

If I called Clint stupid I apologize for that. Shouldn't have used the term stupid. And I don't deny using that term. I call myself stupid when I do stupid things.

I've never felt Clint was a stupid human being. There was a time when he was a rookie when I felt he was perhaps basketball stupid. And I've always known he's slow to process the live action. That does not make him stupid.

One of my best friend is an extremely slow thinker. He has a lot of basketball skill. He'll kill you at shooting games. But when you scrimmage against him he can't process fast enough. The pay is done before he can think to move.

That's an extreme case. My friend didn't play basketball for a living. Not could he. The NBA is the fastest, quickest form of basketball. Because it's the top players in the world, who all have some combination of the best skills, athleticism, and length.....it requires difference-making big men to be multi-skilled and extremely quick to process the action and move their bodies defensively to respond to that action. This is where Clint falls short and always will fall short. It's not his fault. And there's only so much he can do about it by training muscle memory.

When you get to the highest level of play, the playoffs and championship rounds, the speed of the ball and the players movements is of the charts. Anybody that has watched championship basketball or played it knows what I'm saying here.

Clint will never be able to respond defensively as quickly as Draymond. No big man can save for possibly Davis. The question then is where does Capela rank in defensive responsiveness. This is the key factor to a big man defender being an asset, a plus, defensively. Is he better than average? Very clearly....no.

I know that's not a popular opinion. I'm not trying to be popular. I'm just telling you what I see.

4. basketballholic

You don't have a vocabulary. Go back to school.

DavidRocket and hakeem94 like this.
  5. basketballholic

His one-dimensional offense is a problem. But the fact that we are better defensively when he sits and PJ plays the 5 is an even bigger problem for Clint.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Summer is close, try to act like an insider again. SMH

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. saleem

He can still be a secondary defender in the paint, and out on the perimeter at times. He did get 10 boards in 31 minutes, which isn't too bad. He does need to do a better job on them though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We can sht on holic all we want, but he's pretty smart making bold ass statements. How can u disprove him if capela doesn't win the ring? At best u can hold holic accountable for moving the goal posts/criteria for capela because he was sooooo wrong about him in the first place.

Invisible Fan and hakeem94 like this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Heading into this series, I figured that because of the unique challenges posed by Golden State's small lineup that we might be better off going small as well. That doesn't change the fact that Capela played a huge role for us in winning the previous two series by outplaying two max-level players in Towns and Gobert, as well 65 out of 82 games in the regular season.

His offense is only "one-dimensional" to you because you don't see value in the dimensions to his game that he is elite at. Running the floor the way he does is a huge plus and it puts tremendous pressure on the defense; this dimension of his game is elite for the center position. And his ability to catch passes/lobs in traffic and finish strong -- with either hand -- is another elite skill he possesses. The lob threat, in particular, is huge for our offense. We had a historically great offense this year with Clint Capela on the floor (116.6 (!) offensive rating). You think we did that playing 4 on 5?

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Or he can play hard knowing the season is almost over and what happens happens. I don't think another dislocated shoulder POTENTIAL will end his career. He is probably going to have surgery on the off season anyways. Put it all out there right now.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Do you consider him one of our top 5 players? If so, what spot he is? If not, what are you complaining about?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I hope Luc's shoulder gets better soon.

For people who don't appreciate Clint Capela, I don't have time for them.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Are Holic and Bobby the same people? Why does anyone even bother responding to this scrub? He knows nothing. Just horrible “analysis”. We can do better CF

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. saleem

Easier said than done, but that is exactly what he needs to do.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This thread has evolved from stupid into a Jersey Shore rerun.

Can I stop reading? Maybe in 5 more pages.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

came in here looking for news on LMM's shoulder, how did this become about Capela? oh wait.... nevermind i see what happened...

macho GRANDE and harold bingo like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't see what happened.

You guys should try it, really. IDIOT in fact.

18. basketballholic

Not too bad.......that's about the size of it. Won't get it don't against this team. He has to be great for us to beat these guys. And he can't be.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I have some good news for you. Been breaking down our plays in Game 1 and 2 vs GSWs defense in NOLA series. If I have time, I hope to share some vids.

Check this out...Keep a closer eye on Draymond's defense. We are actually neutralizing him (or more accurately, he's neutralizing himself) by remaining joined at the hip with Capela in the short corner.

Rockets are 51-54 shooting (88% FG% on 35% possessions) within the restricted area vs the Hampton 5. This is directly because Draymond is not contesting anything, but rather keeping Capela away from the rim...you can see it clearly, what Draymond is doing. He doesn't want Capela alley-oops in the play, but as a result, Draymond is also taking himself out of the play standing at short corner opposite side from the drive.

And when we go small, Draymond is stretched guarding the long corner, and we got like 3-4 cuts/slams with no one at the rim, aside from PJ threes and cuts for dish slams. We are neutralizing Green with both Capela lineups and PJ small ball.

It's a very good sign that GSW will have to adjust their defense to get Draymond more involved. I expect if/when that happens,,,we will see the alley-oops again as an immediate response.

Deuce, rocks123, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  20. basketballholic

I've already answered that. Not complaining. Too late to complain. Stating facts.