1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You’ve gotten worse at trying to argue you’re points _holic. Your losing your grip on your debate techniques and prowess’s. That plus being senile and it seems your 50s aren’t treating you well.

I wish you better health going forward.

2. theimpossibles1

Not gonna pretend i read the first 5 pages. Just my response to LMM quote:

Time to trust that sh*t bro. If you re-injure it, oh well.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, you should sit out if you let things get into your head. I feel bad for Luc, but his defense was desperately needed.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Every time he comes in he's an immediate liability on offense as the Warriors have no need to stay close to him and can help on defense against Harden or Paul. It might be time to unleash Iso Joe.

5. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

At this point Joe will give us another dimension on the offensive side with his post

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  6. basketballholic

KD faced Capela up and destroyed him. Capwla can't defend him. So Javale....Capela......what difference....

7. basketballholic

I never said they were the key to stopping the Dubs. What I said was there was no difference.in their defense and Capela's. Although Bogut st his advanced age is still a very good defender, probably better than Capela in set defense.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If he has doubts in his physical ability, his confidence is unreliable. At least he's honest about it and said something. Give his minutes to Green and Joe.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

And you are using literally zero plays to make your point that he was a “non-factor”, since you can’t point to a play in which he was supposed to do something and didn’t do it.

10. basketballholic

No. I'm using all of them. All of them. He was a non-factor. And will likely continue to be a non-factor since we already know running pick-and-roll against Draymond is playing right in to their wheelhouse. You combine that lack of offensive spacing (he's essentially standing around as a garbage man on offense, while letting Draymond be a detriment to any drivers and convolute the paint) with his mediocre rim defense....And he's anon-factor.

Because of the lack of pick-and-roll and the hindrances that adds to our offense....He has to be super good defensively to warrant bring a positive contributor to winning against the Warriors. It's not there. And he's only going to get worse as they continue to wear him down physically.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LMM can't sit out, the matchups are razor thin even with adjustments. He just has to push a little harder beyond his comfort zone.

I wish we could give him some guarantee that he'd be taken care of in case he reinjures his shoulder, but that's all on him to decide.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

its pretty clear moute's mindset is still not playing freely and likely very cautious bc of his shoulder. hes thinking way too much and playing to avoid contact on those easy baskets at the rim. the shots hes missing are being spoon fed.

eventually hes going to need to get passed that bc hou needs his spot minutes of the bench. after the first two games, it doesn't look good though and if he plays like that he doesn't need to be in the game. need the positive vibes sent to LMM!

justtxyank likes this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even during garbage time he couldn't make a layup. Something might be wrong with his shoulder.

14. SuraGotMadHops

Luc officially has the yips

napalm06, J Sizzle and Baqui99 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

he actually did make his layup in garbage time

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Then missed one.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He made his last layup, he has turned the corner.

napalm06, J Sizzle and justtxyank like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or the shanks.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it was blocked by bell but ok if that works for you

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What an absolutely ridiculous take. Capela once again last night successfully defended Curry on the perimeter and Durant on the perimeter.

Can Capela consistently lock down either of those guys? Of course not. He does however have a chance on them, something that none of other the centers on either team except Draymond can say.

In the last round, Capela's ability to guard the perimeter was huge and he frequently got switched onto Joe Ingles and nerfed him.

Now I do grant you that Draymond negates Capela offensively.

Your anti-Capela hate is out of control.

sammy and noppeper like this.