1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Dude was trash last night

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

His tentativeness cost the team 6 points at the rim last night. Too bad he's not in a good place mentally offensively.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, we can get into questioning the medical guys of the team and of the NBA..... probably why such a key figure as Kawhi Leonard does not want to be rushed back.....but that's not the point here.

Are you of the opinion that Luc should not play despite obviously being cleared to play?

Sure, I did not expect a career 6-7 ppg guy to suddenly score 19 or 20 like PJ Tucker in games....... but that would be a nice thing.

4. basketballholic

There is no point here. We're wasting time looking at LMM like he's the stair savior that's letting us down. He ain't.

I'm of the opinion I was before this series started. We've got to find that gut that can defend the paint while making Draymond a stationary perimeter defender at the three point line.

UTSA2step, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

says the couch potato drooling all over his keyboard... let's dislocate your shoulder twice in one year and see how tough you are

Deckard likes this.
  6. Purvis's shorts

He shouldn't play in game 2. Give Anderson more minutes.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Give Joe Johnson his minutes

I have a feeling this is a series iso Joe can do well in

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If he doesn’t trust his body he shouldn’t be on the floor.

lw17 likes this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He has a weak shoulder thats already popped out twice and can pop out if he puts too much stress on it but its all mental?

He killed us in game 1 and im notnsure about minutes for him going forward but its cleary not all mental. Its his shoulder

bballjunkie likes this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Member

He's shooting 26% since his return. Just slighlty below his 48% in the regular season.

11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

But is it?

I mean if Luc ain’t 100% and has anything less than that in his shoulder, why be out there to begin with? These missed layups aren’t just missed 2 point opportunities, against this Warriors opponent, it’s as good as a defensive stop to swing it plus four the other way.

It may sound harsh, but a Moute needs to be benched. He is a total liability out there. The plus minus for mBah a Moute from regular season is irrrelevant if he ain’t the same player here in the post season.

For a real punchers chance against these Warriors, the three ball has to be in play imho. And mBah just doesn’t have it right now even if he can move his feet and play defense.

I’m more and more in the start Eric Gordon camp. Get him some early looks. Let him work his defense from the get go. Let him fire the early three balls.

-Sage

12. hakeemthagreat

Yep. We have no other option really. Anderson is too much of liability

mockster likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

if his situation is truly as he is saying, he shouldn't be playing. you're playing gs, theres no room for excuses nor is anyone going to give you sympathy

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Capela: a "total non-factor in the defensive paint".

BigMaloe and joshuaao like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time to bench him....let's dust off Joe Johnson or Ryan Anderson.

DD

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson: "I don't trust my shot"

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He was so confident before he came back but did say he wasn’t going to dunk again until next season. It’s unfourtnate that we won’t see the old Luc for the remainder of the playoffs.

18. basketballholic

He's out there because his team needs him and the coach told him to check in and play.

Unfortunately.....we have no other options. We didn't develop Qi by giving him early season minutes. And we didn't acquire a 4/5 that could effectively defend the Green/Durant combo. We have Ariza, Luc, PJ, Capela, Anderson, and Nene to defend their 4/5 Durant/Green combo.

And that's why Luc was out there. He was the best option. That tells you everything you need to know.

19. Mr. Space City

the shoulder brace ads at the bottom of this thread is harsh.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, well throwing down a dunk and tearing the shoulder off would've been more help than what he did. Bricking layups.

You got a left hand/arm/shoulder? Dunk with that one.