1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute: I don’t trust my shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 15, 2018.

1. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

MBah a Moute (+/-)
    Game 1: -14
    Game 2: -7 (and we won by 22!!)
    Game 3: -28

Joe Johnson is old and Ryan Anderson seemingly has zero confidence. But one of them has to play over Luc going forward. He’s literally a Golden State catalyst.

2. Fantasma Negro

Out of the three I'd go with old man Johnson. He needs to play the five in our small line up to keep P.J moving on switches and open up the floor offensively with spacing

3. basketballholic

Need to try JJ or Qi.

4. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

luc is playing like a man who isn't signed to a long term contract. he's already on the veteran's min so he's not going to risk further damage and ruin any chance in free agency of getting a multi-year deal.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

stop putting him out there. it's freaking unbelievable. is MDA seeing what the rest of us are seeing? a guy who is hurt and ineffective as a result. Stop throwing him out there. He can't defend like he's supposed to, he can shoot like he's supposed to, and he can't finish layups. He's a liability ...because he's hurt. Shut that guy down.

I know folks are gonna flame me, but i'd rather give a healthy Anderson some minutes to see if he can get hot from 3, than play a hurt mbah a moute. I just don't understand why MDA keeps putting him out there.

And i say this with the caveat that when mbah a moute is healthy, he's one of our most valuable players.

forchette49 and hvic like this.
  6. noppeper

noppeper Member

As others have stated, I reckon this was mostly because the Rockets were playing from behind, and they foolishly went small looking for quick hits to keep up. Capela was playing an OK game, but he did seem to be running low on energy out there. He was still affecting the game positively. I have not watched the replay, but from what I remember, the game started to get out of hand any time Capela went to the bench in the 1st half...and then the Rockets started the 2nd half very lackadaisical, committing silly turnovers and the Warriors capitalized every time.

For the Warriors, they played Looney and Green together in the 1st hald, and that seemed to turn the tide, especially when we went small. Draymond or Looney just hovered around the paint, leaving LMM absolutely open, or PJ if he was out of the corner. It really is too bad Ryno has checked out, as that would've been the counter at that point, since the paint completely closed for Harden/EG drives when that happened. But if Capela would've been there, it would've been different, because one of them has to stick with him at all times.

Overall, I felt the problem was that our small ball lineup was running out players that just were the epitome of playing "soft", such as EG (who had an atrocious game), LMM and even Ariza was a step slow out there. It did not help that CP3 looked like he was playing scared and was missing easy shots and allowing Curry to manhandle him. Then they were turning the ball over, allowed numerous offensive rebounds in key moments and missed easy layups that led to easy transition points.

Finally, even if they had played well, I think the Rockets would've lost this game. The Warriors had a lot of action going, some nifty screens that were putting the Rockets defenders in no win positions, and were basically scoring at will. They were also much more physical and had very active hands, and the Rockets just were not able to respond.

In the end, regardless how much some pundits in this board want to spin it, this was not Capela's fault. If anything, he was one of our better players on the floor, but the whole team just did not bring it.

GermanRoxFan likes this.
  7. jbasket

jbasket Member

We just have to hope Prince gets out of funk. He's too valuable not to. That's imo, JJ is straight garbage.