1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MBA Programs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AggieRocket, Jul 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

My nephew is considering applying to an MBA program. He is considering the UT part-time program in Dallas among others in-state. His undergrad GPA wasn't great (a 2.6). He has spent a couple of years working as a consultant. For those of you are have been/are in MBA programs, maybe you can help me decipher his chances of making it in. What scores (GPA and GMAT) are typically required to make it in to the UT part-time program. What other factors are looked at and considered. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

AggieRocket - I'm starting at UT's MBA program next month, so I'd be happy to share any tips (or at least let you know my background). Email me through the board (since you disabled your email option).

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

UT part-time program in Dallas? So is he coming to UT Dallas? From what I heard, it's pretty easy to get in to the MBA program here.

4. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Is an MBA even worth it anymore? What's he going to specialize in?

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

UT's MBA program in Dallas is not affliated with UT-Dallas. They fly up teachers from Austin to teach class every other weekend. Your degree is from UT-Austin so IMO, it's much more valuable.

I got into the program and will start in August just like VesceySux.

When I went to UT's info-session for the Texas MBA program, here are what they said their average scores were:
    GPA - 3.4+
    GMAT - 665-670

The 10-90 range for the same scores are:
    GPA - 3.0 to 4.0
    GMAT - 500 - 740

Their claim was that these scores put them in the top 10 nationally in terms of selectivity.

According to the director, their admission criteria is somewhat flexible in that the perfect candidate would be strong in these three areas: Work experience/Rec. Letters, GMAT, and GPA. But a strong candidate can be weak in one with really good in the other two to balance it out.

I can't wait to start in August, we're having our first mixer this Friday... anyone else going to be in the Dallas cohort?

E-mail me if you have any more questions about the Texas MBA at DFW program.