1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe..just maybe... Daryl Morey isn't "that" smart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake1, Jul 18, 2012.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Somebody was suggesting Lin was the second coming of Magic? I don't think people are as unintelligent as you are making them out to be...

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Would you rather "overpay" for players like Lin and Asik or like the nets who literally signed scrubs just to meet the minimum payroll. Right now, if my research is correct, the minimum payroll is at 46 mil and right now the rockets at 30 mil without Lin. So the rockets MUST spend at least 16 mil before the the start of the season. Lin and Asik fill needs AND we meet the minimum payroll to avoid having to pay for players fortson more money.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Ironic thread is ironic.

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Or you just made a thread about nothing. You have no evidence to back any of your claims. Its just a bunch of hot air and misinformed ideas.

You want a basketball debate? You might want to bring some actual facts next time.

5. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

100% disagree. Defensively any team in the NBA would take Perkins over Asik. Offensively Perkins can atleast post up. Asik has no offense.

6. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I know a kid that used " " in wrong places but once she got out of kindergarten I think she was fine. i should ask her to see if she can help you out. Normally when you put " " around a word it is when you are quoting someone ..... when has anyone used the phrase morey is "that" smart .... when accusing someone of not being smart, it is important that you dont make childish mistakes like this.

7. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

I made a thread suggesting you're favorite GM isnt as smart as you make him. It's a fair question.

If this thread was about nothing I'm sure you wouldn't have rushed in here with you're cape on to defend Morey. You still haven't answered any of the questions posed in the thread. In which you I know you don't want too

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Lin and Dragic are very similar statistic wise - Dragic being a bit better right now, but also a bit older.

But Lin gets you national and international attention - that makes you money and that helps to get other players.

And in the end, Dragic and Lin got paid about the same. So, good signing.

Asik is a different story. There aren't many serviceable big men in the league so you have to overpay. Now you don't need your C to be great on Offense - with the new rules Gs and Fs are the premier scorers. But Cs can make the whole team better with their defensive presence. So they are more valuable to a team if they can alter a lot of shots - basically good defensive Cs are more worth to a team than any other single position.

So no, Morey is still "that" smart.

9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Dreamshake1 = Sigmund = :confused:

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Hahahaha. Repped. Dude that was hilarious

11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

If you only had a brain.....

[​IMG]

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

nah youre overanalyzing and showing immaturity rook, simmer down

I know Im not gona get 'killed' by YOU in debate, you think Asik is overpaid, you sound ridiculous.. anyone with basketball knowldge knows that C's come at a premium and alot are overpaid and some are deserving, and some are not, thats just reality, get over it

at 8 mil a year, Asik is a bargain compared to what teams throw at centers, throw in the fact that hes a defensive Center and rebounds and is a protector of the basket makes him a great get at 8 mil.. what the hell are you talking about? you make no sense

DeAndre Jordan is the posterboy for overpaid C, so compare that to Asik and youll see this isnt a bad move, but then again Im getting the troll vibe from you so Im sure you wont understand this logic

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

This needs to be repeated.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

you might be on to something

15. Hak34

Hak34 Member

One of the best DTRG in his 15 minutes a game? Seriously your calling someone else r****ded. Everyone knows that stats do not add up simply by increasing minutes. Well there is one stat that usually trends with more minutes, and thats fouls. Which Omer would foul out for every 44 minutes of game time.

You call Asik proven? Averaging 12 minutes a game for two years = proven? Thats r****dED.

You mention Goran vs Lin and the downfalls of Goran, yet didn't list the fact that Lin is coming off of major Knee surgery, or that he played for a scruby team, without its two top players, for a coach renown for PGs scoring in bunches. Hell Felton averaged almost 18 ppg as a Knick with D'Antoni as their coach.

Im on board for the Jeremy Lin signing because he brings anticipation and a percieved "star" factor to Houston which it lacked. The Asik deal is a horrendous.

Oh and those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I you want anyone to respect you, at least get that much right You are not one to bag on anyone's grammer. This sentence sounded r****ded, and I have no idea what your trying to say here.

16. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

I want to know who scored higher on SAT.

Morey or Lin?

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

We got so many players from nothing and we never lose players with nothing to show for it. The Knicks just gave two second round draft picks for Camby. We got the 20th pick that we turned into D-Mo for freaking Miller.

Morey is a swindler.

18. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Glad you mentioned that. No. He can't post up lol. 5 points 6 rebs in 26 mins vs 3 points 5 rebs in 14 minutes. Perkins blocks far less, rebounds at a lower % rate, can't score (just like Asik), and is slow, among not being a high energy guy. Asik is a + defender and very, very good shot blocker. Perkins, well, he can semi defend Dwight and both Andrews, that is about it. He is useless vs a power forward, and really doesn't block that well. You know him, because he played with Boston, if he put up that production on Minnesota or Charlotte.....you would laugh at yourself for making such a comment. Asik (while playing for the bulls) doesn't play many minutes, yet changes the game defensively when he comes in, instantly.

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

20. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Ok I was trying to stay out of this, but I can't disagree with you more on this specific topic. After what i saw from perkins in the finals, there is no way perkins is better than asik defensively. Perkins is slow in all aspects of the game (offense and defense) and thus makes him extremely weak on both sides. I mean i agree that we are overpaying Asik but that is required for centers in this league, especially good defensive centers.