1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Maybe I'm hallucinating again, but it seems to me that TheTruth1 is no LOH, but may in fact be the opposite and is just trolling hard.

Others have said it better than I can... I think Lin is an integral part of this year's roster if we're going to make a deeper run in the post season.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I did read the OP's post. I just don't agree with it.

Lin has been a solid contributor to the team, his contract does not hinder our cap much, and he has been playing very well in his role off the bench throughout the entire season.

PG depth is valuable. Anybody remember the season when we had Lowry, Dragic and Flynn? And then Lowry went down causing Flynn (who was complete trash) to play valuable minutes while the guy we cut during training camp was lighting it up in NYC?

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Oops, did i miss the post nazi announcement from upper management at Clutchfans? would you please scan and post the license once again, Herr Hauptmann?

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Hahahaha get Him JR!

1 person likes this.
  6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

"I think I'm going to trade Lin, one of our most consistent performers, fkn LOFs wont stop spamming my twitter"

-Stuff Morey has never said

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

LMAO! Dude you are funny...

8. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

I think you are a bit "braindead" to think that 8m now would make any player happy to be on the bench when they can be starting. Young NBA players always have the next contract in the back of their mind. Who would pay a bench player with limited role/contribution starter money money when his contract is up? Lin's next contract will probably be framed around the fact that he is now labeled a "bench/role" player instead of a starter.

Make no mistake, coming off the bench is definitely hurting his future earning potential and players do care about starting or not.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol you act as if Lin is now just a true backup scrub just because he's had two poor games coming off of injury and Bev had one great game (probably the best in his career).

1 person likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This was evident from his first couple posts. Obviously someone who has either had an account here before or has just been lurking and his Lin fan rage had reached its limit.

I'm actually surprised the levels of which he is trolling hasn't gotten him atleast a temp ban yet.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Why do you have to instigate a topic that's beaten to death? The dude is coming off a sprained knee, so give him a break. I'm sure he will do well once he's fully recovered.

If we are presented with a player who can give us an offensive boost off the bench, then bring him in, but Jeremy has accepted that role and has delivered in critical situations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0yg0RbR3s6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6XN7fgI-Bls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

even though the 6ers game was a loss, we need that contribution when we can get it. it's a small sample size seeing what he's done in two games vs previous to the injury.

teammates love him. he's stepping it up. he will get better. if you were a rockets fan, you would root for him, because of the threat he poses coming off the bench. quit trying to stir LOFs and LOHs against each other, and analyze what he brings to the team. the positives for him clearly outweigh the negatives, and he will do great.

i bet that he has a great game in sac tomorrow.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

not all LOFs are YOFs but a lot certainly are

I'm fairly sure it has, I can remember his World War Lin during last season, but it subsided for a few months

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Your words, not mine.

14. baki

baki Member

There are so many sides to the story, so I'll keep it simple:

1. Lin is in this position (as a 6th man bench player) because of the "big man inside" style of play that the coach wants for this team, the guards role are simply to facilitate that and shoot 3 pointers. Problem is, Lin is too good to be waiting at a corner for a pass to shoot spot up jumpers so better for him to come off the bench while a similar starter comes off.

2. Lin and Harden's game are too alike. How would Kobe and Carmelo play together? Harden is too selfish as a player whereas Lin is too unselfish, everyone has to watch Harden set up plays and blame Lin for not doing anything about it.

3. PB is starting not because he's a better player but mainly because of (1) and (2). PB is not an offensive spark so he is not 6th man material, but he can defend and hustle for the first 15 mins.

15. baki

baki Member

If anything, I think Parsons will eventually be traded.

16. FTW

FTW Member

i think you nailed it except " Lin and Harden's game are too alike."

17. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

Lin is a good player worthy of starting but if he stays in Houston his role would be 6th man at best. He's a team player I get that but still to soft to lead he won't fight back he needs that killer instinct till he gets that he should remain a bench player.

18. leslie

leslie Member

I don't think his $15million check is the deciding factor. If anything, the decision will depend on how much the Rockets are willing to pay for his new contract extension and how much they expect other teams will overpay him in 2015. Teams including Raptors, Celtics, and 76ers will have capspace to give him a big contract (ex: $12million/season for those markets where Lin is extremely popular) if they fail to sign any super stars in 2015.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Actually Lin and Harden's games are remarkably similar. Offense - Harden first:

[​IMG]

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Unless there's a dramatic increase he won't get more than $6m