1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A well thought out and written post OP. However I personally do not agree with you. The Rockets are in the running for a chip this season, and I cannot see Morey willing to go into the playoffs featuring Bev and AB as the point guards. The Rockets point guard rotation is perhaps the strongest in the league, and when Harden is out Lin makes a damned good shooting guard. Lin and Harden are currently tied for 16th in isolation PPP, and having one of them on the floor at all times is a boon for the offense.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Your the idiot if if think that the massive spectacle distraction of Lin pulling and Omer Asik won't Scuttle this team "contending" run. Your only hope is that Lin quietly takes this reaming of his career silently. He is Meek enough so might. But woe be to the rockets if Lin combines the fury and intensity of his "LOF" army with the media power of ESPN in a public feud. It would be ruinous for any kind of deep playoff run. Why take the chance?

Lin's body language already suggests he is getting tired of this schtick. How many more 14 minute games and being squealed and screamed by Harden and Parson do you think he's gonna tolerate before he gets fed up and unleashes his agent, PR machine massive unreasonably passionate and devoted fan base.

So basically right now you are counting on Lin's silence and high tolerance for abuse....

You might be right but really why take the chance,

3. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I'd like to run Brooks/Lin off the bench instead of Garcia, I know the lack of size hurts...but it helps at times too.

Brooks is right there with Lin as our 2nd best bench player(behind Asik). If we can get a solid combo forward for Asik, and sign Camby when healthy that'd be a stud bench.

Casspi and Garcia are too 1-dimensional, great for certain games but not rotational players for 20-25mpg.

Dwight-35/Camby-13
    Jones-30/Combo F-18
    Parsons-32/Combo F-8/Harden-8
    Harden-30/Lin-18
    Bev-24/Lin-12/Brooks-12

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

tldr.

5. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Maybe it's time for Rockets and real_egal to part their ways

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

My God, it is unbelievable how braindead a human being can be. Just make the world a better place and stick your head in the nearest oven.

Abuse? Getting $8M per year (on average) to play a sixth man role is abuse? I think his struggles as of late (which is the reason why his minutes have been low recently) has more to do with the fact that he is coming off an injury that had him sidelined for a couple of weeks rather than his anger with his role. He was doing his job quite well prior to the injury.

7. Mariachi ROCKET

Summerize this Bullshiii

8. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Why? Lin has improved incredibly in the last 12 months. Why do we always have to get rid of the guys who improve? And why in the hell do "fans" want us to?

9. ada32

ada32 Member

No question we know you are a LOH. You have no knowledge of Houston Rockets, just hateful posting.

For your education, Rockets pay Lin 5/5/15 million for 3 years. For cap space, it is 8.3 million per year.

Take your hate postings some where else. Better yet let trade TheTruth1 for nothing!:)

10. BleedRocketsRed

I think it is an absolute miracle that somebody who is that ****ing stupid is capable of operating a computer.

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

+1

I can almost smell the Asian on real_egal.

How the hell did he get his join date changed though?

1 person likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not just replying to you. But if you have not read the OP, why do you even reply?

13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i lol'd at "abuse". yes we abuse lin so much. especially when the LOFs here so he's the most humble person ever and he's happy in his position as long as the team wins.

trade him, it'll be better for lin in the longrun, and his career, and it'll be better for the rockets. If he goes off somewhere else and explodes, great for him. But he's going to be"limited" if you want to call it that, as long as he's here.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He had a crystal ball back in 2003 to see that a guy named Lin would join the Rockets and that a bunch of CF members would be cynical about Lin's fans. So he joined to wait for this moment so he could make a long post to bash guys like you.

1 person likes this.
  15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What makes you think I didn't read it?

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

5 star thread.

Would never read again

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Thank God, people like you had nothing to do with why I support Rockets.

People like you, also won't change my support of the Rockets team.

I can't help that my ethnicity is bothering you, but I wouldn't be interested at all of your race.

You see our difference?

18. BleedRocketsRed

Does explain why he posted a novel.

19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

most r****ded post in the thread

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I am doing my part to clean up the GARM. Hopefully next time you will think twice before starting a new thread and make sure a new thread is warranted. As stated earlier, the GARM has become unreadable recently, and you are one of the bad apples making it so.

good for you.