1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. MonKing

MonKing Member

Of course it's time to trade him, he doesn't fit with the team as it's now composed at all. The challenge though is working out a good trade with his contract. We'll see how well Maury can do in the coming week or few months.

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I sensed Morey would look for a trade for Lin after the change of starting line up, because 8 million on the bench, be it Asik or Lin, doesn't make much sense. This is not Knicks.

You were right, it had nothing to do with Lin playing less minutes in last 2 games after injury.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I agree.

Good examples of owners wasting 8+ million dollars on the bench are Manu Ginobli and Jason Terry.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Huh? He has been having a very solid season (overall) off the bench.

I doubt he gets traded. It makes no sense to move him.

6. real_egal

"Be it Asik or Lin", is not "Be it Manu or Terry in their primes".

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Most Rockets fans I know don't mind having him on our team as he is not a bad player. He definitely helps out the team. It is his completely r****ded legion of worshipers that we as Rockets fans cannot stand.

2 people like this.
  8. BleedRocketsRed

His contract isn't cap crippling as we don't have capspace anymore since signing Dwight. He will be an expiring contract next season.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nah, I like having the insurance in case beverley gets injured.

I'm sure it's frustrating for Lin and his fans that Bev is just an absolutely perfect fit with the starting lineup but he/they need to suck it up and just make the best of whatever time he is awarded.

He will really be needed if we have key injuries this season.

To be honest I don't really care about what's best for Lin's career. He signed a contract and it is his duty to accept his role.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

doesn't explain at all why you didn't post this in any of the other Lin trade threads.

if you don't want to waste other's time, then don't waste other's time. You can still go post this in the lin trade threads.

I have no idea if I am interested in what you posted. I didn't read it. I might have if you had done the right thing.

Good idea. more work for Clutch.

You don't understand basic internet policy let alone GARM policy. You also yet to explain why you didn't put your post in the other trade Lin threads. You are ****ing over your fellow Clutchfans with this bull****.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Why are you people so hel bent in gluing Lin to the bench and paying him 23 million dollars. He's owed 8 this year and 15 next year.

I think a lot of LOH are scared that if Lin is traded he I gonna thrive and it's gonna come back to bite them in behind like it has the Knicks.

Thy don't want him getting any meaningful minutes here in Houston but they don't want him traded.

Just trade Lin and make everyone happy

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

OKC was willing to give 53 million dollars to a 22 year old James Harden to come off the bench.

I don't know what point you are trying to make, if you even have one.

8 million dollar for your 25 year old 6th man is not the end of the world.

13. MonKing

MonKing Member

He's been playing fine that's not the point. It's that there is little dropoff when anyone else is in, AB for example. He still can do a nice job running the plays, but that's not his job.

The Rockets are in a bind with how expensive Lin is - fair value but not an impulse purchase for any other team. But he adds nothing special so if the Rockets can get reasonable value he'll be gone.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I could care less how much we are paying him to sit on the bench as well as he helps the Rockets win. I don't care if that is bad for his future or career as long as it helps us win. All I care about is whether or not a player can help us win. I don't care if being on the bench means he will never get into the all-stars or develop into a star if it helps us win. If a player helps us win, I don't mind him staying. I think the majority of Rockets fans would probably agree with me.

15. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Woe be to the Rockets Public Relations if Lin is smart and pulls an Omer Asik. You can forget the Asian deals that Yao built and ESPN will have a field day all the way through the playoffs. You talking a distraction of Tebow like proportions.

Don't think this won't get ugly if they don't trade Lin and Lin wises up like Omer.

16. real_egal

I cannot really disagree with that. However, if you have any management experience, you would know that's not the right official line. Even pretending, you have to tell employees that the organization and them share the same interest.

In my opinion, an improved Lin or whatever player will only help the team. Even if you want to trade them, they will result in better returns.

17. BleedRocketsRed

You are an idiot.

Why would I care about how much he makes? It isn't like we have capspace to go after LeBron or whomever else in in this upcoming FA class.

Trade him for what? Tell me what we can get which can contribute to the team.

He improved his shooting greatly this past offseason. He has been nothing but a class act and has had no problems with coming off the bench.

He is averaging 14 PPG in 29 MPG on very good percentages. He is capable of starting incase of injury. He is getting 29 MPG, how is he glued to the bench and not getting meaningful minutes???

What reason do we have to deal him?

18. DuDDleyDawsonII

insert dacning body building gif

19. MonKing

MonKing Member

Dude, your LOH mask is slipping.

20. real_egal

You've posted a couple of times in a post you denounced as worthless and not interested, didn't, and wouldn't read.

I got a feeling that you might post here again:)

I only reply after I read and feel like to communicate. You see our difference?