1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Sorry, forget to mention in my post, you don't need to report to me with your plan or action.

At ease.

2. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Too. Long. To. Read.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The only reason to trade Lin is if you feel there is a better bargain to be had with a low salary similar to the way Morey traded for Lowry then did the same in trading Brooks for Dragic. Point guard I think is the deepest position in the NBA so trading salary for a good young cheap point is the way to go. It's all about fit and value.

4. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I want Lin me.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Put some effort in?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1qEsTXVj57M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wrote a lot of words, didn't say much.

I'll just leave it up to Les and Morey.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Because it's the same old crap over and over again.

Rockets win, Lin doesn't play 30+ minutes, call the U.N because it's a crime against humanity.

Trading Lin makes no sense. Just because he isn't the center of attention doesn't make him any less important to this team.

1 person likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I disagree.

8. ILoveWhiteGirls

You want me to read all that shiet? Summarize it in this youtube video, it's that easy.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/VMxyK9azXR4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/VMxyK9azXR4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

9. TheJet

TheJet Member

If Lin is traded it's not going to be for any of these reasons. Salary? Not the end of the world. "Fit"? He's already proven he can change up his game to compliment the starters. If he gets moved it's because Morey found a way to take advantage of the situation. I like Lin. He's a crazy hard worker and has shown flashes of being a great scorer. I still have reservations about consistency over an entire season. So far last year started slow (injury?) and ended great. This year started great and has slowed down (injury). A season or two as a young player is too soon to make definitive comments on what he may or may not become.

The biggest issue I had with that post was the assumption that some Rockets fans don't support Lin. Anyone who's cheering the Rockets is going to support Lin, personal feelings aside, because he's a part of this team and contributes to wins. It's that simple. Ignore all the Lin bashing. Most, if not all, of that stems from some of the asinine "Lin can do no wrong" posting. It's the chicken and egg.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Worth repeating!

1 person likes this.
  11. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Does he have to be the center of attention because of his ethnicity? Is this the true, underlying issue? IS IT??? :mad:

I kid......I kid.....

12. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

5 star thread.

13. real_egal

If you are so-obsessed with your own straw-man, you can reserve a place in your own universe for that kind of copy & paste.

It's a free country and free board, nobody asks you to read anything you don't want to. But replying my post with your repeating nonsense had nothing to do with my post, is pretty ignorant.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Not gonna read. 'trade Lin' threads exist by the dozens. Post in those. You are not special and I will not fuel your ego by reading this.

1 person likes this.
  15. real_egal

Please quote a single line from my post, heck, from any of my messages, that I slightly suggested/insinuated that notion.

Sigh, ethnicity.

16. real_egal

People posting "not going to read" complaining about others' ego. Half of the posts are making such important announcement.

It is rich.

Thanks for Internet.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you deserve it. you are one of the bad apples who makes the GARM unreadable. Why didn't you post your thoughts in the other Lin trade threads already on the first page of the GARM? Why did you feel your thoughts are worthy of their own thread? I'll help you out. There are two reasons to make a thread in the GARM:

1) To bring about a new topic of discussion that has/is not being discussed
    2) Present new information (ex. Source: Rockets trade with Atlanta pending)

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Trading him is dumb as hell.

He has been a solid contributor to this team (not last night but looking at his season as a whole).

Due to his contract, we won't get even value. Just letting him go just to let him go would be straight up r****ded. Our PG depth is solid and there is no reason to ruin it, our cap situation is solid.

Dealing Asik for something who can contribute on the other hand would be a nice move.

19. real_egal

Because I start a thread once in every few months throughout the past 10 years, Herr Hauptmann. When I start a thread, I put in time to write something I want to share with people who are interested. I don't want to write a one-liner to waste other people's time to click on it, just to shout out something without reasoning.

Also, I never had the urge to tell people that I am not interested in the post I am posting in.

Speaking of worthy, I comply with Clutch's rules of posting, that's the only requirement for post. Clutch will decide whether I should be banned or my thread should be closed.

Any more help I can provide, in terms of GARM policy or social manner in general?

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ah yes, the popular "It's a free country, I can say anything I want, but you are ignorant if you say your part". Now that's what I call self-righteousness.

It's not like there are already a million of these threads. Nope, your opinion is far more important.

I'm sure Lin playing 20 minutes the last 2 games had absolutely nothing to do with your decision to make this post.

Very insightful. Very righteous indeed.