1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

I'm a LOF, and I support this message.
    It's always nice to read articles where the writer has given thought into what he/she is saying.
    PS: Keep Lin or trade Lin I trust Morey will try to do what is best for the Rockets

2. jspeck7322

jspeck7322 Member

^So you're a LOF that is concerned with what is best for the Rockets?

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

By far my favorite part before I stopped reading.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

I think there are a number of teams that would be interested in Lin. Lakers, Miami and SAS would be amongst them.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Spurs? They aint going to pay 15 million next season for a backup PG when they already have the second best PG in the league already.

6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Paradigm shifted.

7. jackjax

jackjax Member

Ignore the trolls and yes I did read your article. Since I am a LOF, agree Lin needs to be traded and hopes he starts. A win win scenario. Howevere, rockets is in a win now situation the second they got DH. They need depth to win it all and this iwhere Lin comes to the rescue. make him the first playmaker once he gets in even with Harden . They can do PnR etc and allow Harden to relax while still playing.

8. bws

bws Member

You're short-sighted. Lin is 25 and Parker is 31 and Parker says that Lin reminded him of a younger version of himself. And Lin is also a starting point guard now on other teams. Why is Beverley a starting PG? Because McHale made him one. That's why.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I got an idea all you non-Rockets fans coming to this forum to destroy our team and website, I think it's time the Rockets trade Harden, Howard, Asik, Parsons, Lin, Beverley and Casspi because it will make more sense for all of them. I don't think we should focus on having the best players available on this team no matter what minutes they get. I think it is more important to make sure players are getting what is best for them.

You know what??? %&*# all of you and get the hell out of this forum!!! I am all for freedom of speech but there is such a thing as a fan club and I believe if you are interacting in a fan club and only pushing player agendas vs. team agendas then the fan club "clutchfans" should ban you! Period.

3 people like this.
  10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Parker stil has good 4 to 5 years left in him . It makes zero sense to pay lin that much to be his backup. it's not short sighted . it's being realistic.

11. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

This whole "Any backup player on a $8M/year contract needs to traded" sentiment needs to stop. Seriously.

As a team with Championship aspiration, the owner has to be willing to keep a payroll very close to the Luxury tax and pay some tax at least occasionally. With two MAX stars on our team, three capable starters on rookie contracts and a couple of vet minimum contributing, it's perfectly fine to have a couple $5-10M/year player to shore up the strength and depth of the team, even if they are somewhat underutilized. If you are not willing to do so, you are basically wasting the talent of your GM in finding bargains.

Of course if we can flip these underutilized players for some stars or borderline stars that fit better with the team's need, we would love to do it. But it totally makes no sense to move Asik or Lin just for the mere fact that they have a big contract, and then hope we can find some better pieces. It's unlikely we will use cap space to sign players this coming summer.

12. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Thank you for the post, read the whole thing. I can tell you put some thoughts into it. :)

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That is quite a long post.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

This.

Les is about a billionaire. He owns a Rockets team probably worth more than $500M, and it is a profitable team. Pretty much like most NBA team owners. While I do not see Les venturing into the luxury tax, spending $8M more on salary than the cap limit is not something he is going to lose sleep over. When you are that wealthy it becomes all about pride of ownership.

15. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Because Lin needs and relies on his quick first step to score, it takes him longer to get back his rhythm. This is not a good thing though. Without his quick first step, Lin's game drops big time. He needs to develop more finesse and one-on-one moves to become more effective in offense.

16. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Okay, this may seem a little trite to say, but...

Maybe it's time for Rockets fans and Lin fans to stop talking about parting ways, and to come together to cheer for an amazing Rockets roster with the potential to do some amazing things this year. The present is awesome, and the future is bright!

17. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

We have 3 good PGs on this team. People are talking about trading...seriously stupid. When one of them doesn't perform, the other one steps up. This is a luxury for a team to have, but we want to talk about trading a 25 year old PG who is backup only in name, who improved faster than most players take to develop in the league on ONE off-season. Oh, and he plays well with Bev, Harden, and Brooks. Not to mention his play with the rest of the team. When he plays bad, the trolls come out of the clockwork, when he plays good, Lins overzealous fans come out and all the veterans cry about LOFs everywhere and more trolls come out to bait. Bad for the forum, but the PG situation is good for the Rockets. This is a good situation for the Rockets to be in. We will need all 3 for a deep playoff run. I don't think Lin will be traded.

1 person likes this.
  18. rurban

rurban Member

Don't judge a player on his first return game after an injury. Harden himself played horrible after his injury, and we played much better without him, than when we got him back (spurs game aside).
    He earns a lot, but look at other clubs salaries.
    When Harden is injured Lin is the only one who can replace him properly.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

For this forums sake, I think we are better off without LIN.

For the teams sake, I think the Rockets are better off with him.

20. dukster

dukster Member

Nice

Dude, Say what you will about OP's substantive points or even about his Clutchequitte, but what the F is up with your post? OK, so maybe you're sick and tired of the endless discussion on a player you might think is getting an inordinate amount of attention, but your post is offensive on multiple levels.

Grow up.