1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman says James Harden is the 7th best player in the NBA.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo, Dec 26, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yannis' game is interesting, no 3 pters but all dunks, layups, rebounds and assists.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

they see how it gave guys like Nash and Lin a boost and automatically assume it’s doing the same for Harden...they don’t even realize we’re not running MDA’s true system, and they’ll never mention how Harden was already MVP caliber before Mike

what we’re seeing from Harden is primarily due to his dedication and hard work...to say that MDA is propping him up to this level is ludicrous

I’ve seen people say that if Curry was in this system he’d average at least 35 and 10...foh...Steph is in the perfect system for him, but it’s never acknowledged

give Steph Harden’s burden and he wouldn’t last the season, and we’ll see how he’d do in the playoffs if he managed to stay healthy

3. Mr. Space City

harden running the same system lebron has been running.

put the ball in his hands, put shooters around him, and let him do everything

i don't know why people think this is some absurdly sophisticated system.

vince, Reeko, Caesar and 1 other person like this.
  4. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

"James Harden is the 7th best player in the NBA of all time."

There I fixed it for you Max. You're welcome.

vince likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Hakeem must be 5th.

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Harden should make it his catchphrase or something. Whenever he makes a big play, yell "7th best!" Like Ali saying "What's my name?!" while knocking that guy out.

7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Steph Curry’s wimpy ass would break in half at the ankles. He cant take half the abuse Harden takes night in and night out. No way he could drive like Harden does and survive and no way he could hit from three enough to carry THIS team. He can get away with that crap on what the media claims is “the best team ever assembled” but not anywhere else and that’s the reason he ain’t going anywhere ever.

Reeko likes this.
  8. Rock Block

Supporting Member

I like it in theory but all that would do is feed the douche that is Kellerman. I personally love that for the most part Harden let’s it’s go and moves on.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’ve seen Curry in an isolation, non-motion system with Mark Jackson, and he was not a top 10 player...GS was dead last in passes made per game Jackson’s last season there...Kerr shows up and he then immediately catapults from not top 10 to MVP

Harden should’ve won MVP when he was with McFail...put Harden anywhere with any coaching staff and any set of teammates and he will ball out and be MVP caliber

only guys like MJ and prime Lebron could handle the burden he has right now...I’ll throw 05-06 Kobe in there too

Harden really has this roster as the best offense in the NBA...it’s amazing

James.B.H, vince and Rock Block like this.
  10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

shaq said yesterday that hardens the greatest offensive player he's ever seen, better than kobe!

D-rock, vince, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

shaq said yesterday that hardens the greatest offensive player he's ever seen, better than kobe!

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

whats with all the double posting?

Rocket River

Rock Block and Killatron 2000 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

wow, I didn’t know that...that’s some really high praise

14. Rock Block

Supporting Member

You sure that wasn't Fat Chuck? It wouldn't surprise me from Shaq though because it's another dig at "his old buddy" Kobe

15. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Yea but Ice Man, don't forget Iceman!. LOL, F*cking bow-legged ass Kenny "The Wet Blanket" Smith.

Next thing that hater will say is Pete Chilcutt > Clint

Reeko likes this.
  16. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Board has been buggy the couple days or at least for me...any device its been buggy and lagging for me

Rocket River and daywalker02 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I assume Clutch tried to patch up some ad problem and it led to this double postings.

Click the Reply button once, couple seconds of no response and you are tempted to click on it twice or thrice, it could trigger double posts.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

But you can’t just remove the fouls out of his game - it’s literslly one of his biggest weapons but unfortunately to the general public it’s also one of his loathesome. And sure you and other rockets fans (like myself) appreciate it but tons of non rockets fans HATE it. Don’t believe me?

https://deadspin.com/referee-meltdown-in-celtics-rockets-surprisingly-has-no-1831354062/amp

I can find you countless others if you’d like.

I just don’t think this is some grand conspiracy against Harden or Houston. His game is frustratingly annoying to watch to many and downright unwatchable to others still, including some in the national media. He possesses tremendous skill but many simply can’t get over the foul baiting and ISO ball. It’s really not that hard to grasp IMO, mostly bc that’s exactly what many of his detractors flat out say.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You can't remove the fouls from Harden's game, nor from Jordan's or Lebron's or Shaq or anybody who is unguardable 1 on 1.

This is not a new development. There is a reason why these guys get fouled a lot. And please don't tell me the slightly higher FT rate (because Harden) ruins entire games and is at all commensurate with the level of whining it gets compared to those guys.

It's not.

And btw, I posted that deadspin link earlier.

They indeed have it in for Harden. A number of them do. These articles date back years, and they all have their favorites (mostly Westbrook) But that particular writer Thompson is a shameless Warriors fan. Read his second post from last night.....

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You don’t have to convince me dude, I’m just answering the question as to why Harden seems to get more hate. I think it’s pretty simple - he isn’t as razzle dazzle as some and people dislike the way he takes advantage of the rules or as they would say “foul baiting.”

Just bc we don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.