1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman says James Harden is the 7th best player in the NBA.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo, Dec 26, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the dating nba players and rappers is part of their ratings narrative
    Look at what happened when Harden went out with the one who married Lamar Odom and Tristan Thompson
    This causes constant media reports and more viewers for them

Kylie is the result of plastic surgery
    Because she’s rich enough to do it
    [​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

harden ******** on various top tier defenses and superstars while down 2 starters meanwhile a dude who's team is under .500 with guys like holiday, mirotic, and randle are rated over him lmao.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden's offense right now is better than Curry's during his unanimous MVP season.

You are hearing about it approximately 0.00007% as much

D-rock, BaselineFade and BigM like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He might move Harden up to 6th after this performance.

ramotadab and BaselineFade like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He dropped outside the top 20 in my eyes after this selfish chucker of a performance.

6. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Max is legit fellas. He meant HISTORY! So it's all good..

7. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I like Rollins just going off on these fools. Lol at anyone putting AD and Giannis above Harden.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Kellerman with the reverse jinx y'all!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the narrative tomorrow will be that they gave him 17 FT's

BaselineFade and J Sizzle like this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden just dropped 45 on the Celtics on one leg. But yeah give me Giannis / AD instead...

D-rock, BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  11. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Plastic surgery is not that expensive to do, and this one to me is definitely a failure because her face actually looked better before the surgery.

I don't think dating a Kardashian affected Harden's game that much(it affected him at the beginning of the season, but he played very well the latter half), but it definitely affected his reputation a lot and cost him a all nba team nomination.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I’ve always held fast to the winning standard. So I would be okay with a Giannis MVP. But if Harden singlehandedly wills us back to a top 3 seed then I wouldn’t. A shame that he’s basically getting zero run right now on national media. They absolutely hate us.

13. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

45 points on only 26 shots. Suck it Yahoo Sports.

Deuce, D-rock, James.B.H and 3 others like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think Harden should be the MVP favorite this season. The first month of the season should be held against him. But anybody not having him in the Top 3 is telling on themselves as just biased. There are some who barely have him Top 10!

If Curry, Westbrook, etc. were having the stats Harden was putting up, you would face felony charges to mention anybody else for MVP.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lmao this picture is so funny.

And this is what girls aspire to be today. This fake/plastic-looking trend needs to die.

It may not be expensive in dollars, but it has to be hard to look in the mirror and be proud that you look more like Michael Jackson than your actual self.

ANYWAYS - thanks for the motivation, Kellerman. Rockets seem to generally play better when they're counted out. This includes in game - they get lazy and stupid with leads, but they fight tooth and nail when the game is close.

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Kellerman's mistake is that he gives too much weight to physical abilities and traits. There are players 'naturally gifted' with height, length, hops, etc. and plenty of them play in the NBA (no big surprise there). As far as superstars are concerned, Harden is one of the least 'naturally gifted' player - Lillard is faster and jumps higher than him, Russ is faster and more athletic, etc. But that is a ridiculous standard to judge players on.

There were players more naturally gifted than MJ that won nothing though they may have gotten the better of him on certain performances in the regular season here and there. Lebron is unique in having played most of his career without any serious challenge physically (very few people to this day in the NBA can matchup evenly with him or KD). But the suggestion that someone like Giannis, or Anthony Davis, etc. are better than Harden because they have some natural gift is absurd. If anything, it makes Harden all the more special that he has worked relentlessly on becoming the player he is today. Comparing him to his first year with us, his 3-point shot has improved drastically, his finishing has improved, he is a better passer, he has bulked up and gotten stronger, and he has become much better at making in-game decisions with the ball. On any normal evaluation, he is Top 5 and is certainly a more important player to us than Steph Curry is to the Warriors (I am convinced that without Klay and KD they are a .500 team or worse in the West).

BaselineFade and ramotadab like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Max tommorrow "ok, let's say that maybe he's the 5th best player in the nba, but that's it"

..two weeks later after another streak of six 40p games "ok, maybe he's top 3"

...by the end of the season "ok, i give it up, James Harden is the best player in the nba, now i said it...but just because they don't call travel on him"

:D

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Hardens current play is what will eventually shut all these scripted talk shows

BaselineFade and ramotadab like this.
  19. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Giannis, Kawhi and Curry aren't in the Top 5 in the league in any individual stat categories. Harden is #1 in Scoring (by a huge margin), #5 in Assists and #3 in Steals. You can't reasonably justify placing any of those three guys above Harden this year based on results.

Davis plays for a team with a losing record that will likely miss the playoffs. Additionally Davis has done nothing in the playoffs to overshadow Harden and playoff performance is one of Max's big knocks on Harden.

That leaves Durant and Lebron who you can make a reasonable argument for MVP based on team record and performance. But once Harden wills the Rockets back to the top of the western conference it should shake down to a 3 player race and if Harden keeps moving up the all time PPG list into the Top 20 all time, I don't see how you can ignore that.

D-rock likes this.
  20. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

FACTSSSSSS

Mr. Space City likes this.