1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman: I would take Dwayne Wade right now in the playoffs over James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, I do think he was a bit tired, but he wasn't making good decisions at the end of game 5...with CP3 making the decisions instead I think we would've won that game...he's always calm under pressure

good thing about having CP3 is that if Harden is tired or just doesn't have it for whatever reason, CP is able to take over and do his thing...before, if Harden was having 1 of his moments then it was a wrap for us

that's just the benefit of having more than 1 star

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL your bball IQ is not even 0.5% of either harden's, MDAs, or Moreys

prolly 1% of Ariza's at best

[​IMG]

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden has never had a consistent or spectacular playoff run, and I mean never. I don't buy the "run down" Harden excuse, he has been very spotty to straight up bad in all of the playoffs runs with us

He was bad against OKC the first playoffs series we played, he was horrible against Portland where he straight up quit against Wesley Matthews. he was very spotty against Dallas, had a couple of good games against Clippers but also was irrelevant in that game 6 comeback, he had the best playoff games in his career imo against GS first two games, and then crap the rest, but I don't blame him there because Dwight was injured. Last year he was also spotty against OKC, he had great games against Spurs, but when it really mattered, he just gave up half of game 5 and all of game 6.

You can back to the OKC days, he was very good against the Spurs and played some of the worst basketball against Miami.

There's no more excuses when you playoffs dip that much below your regular season performance spanning 6 seasons. James Harden will not be a consistent playoffs performer, I have accepted that fact until proven wrong.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

That's a quality retort, sir!

If the facts don't support your assertion - then make personal attacks on the person proving you wrong...

what a joke... lol

5. vlaurelio

but which lone star had the most reg season wins with then most playoffs success aside from Lebron though??

#125 vlaurelio, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. vlaurelio

the fact is its not Harden's fault the rockets lost to a clearly superior team

the fact is Lebron nor KD wouldn't have single handedly carried the rockets to the WCFs

the fact is why would a smart GM Morey extend a stat padder and quitter to 228M 6 years

the fact is why would one of the highest bball IQ players CP3 decide to join up stat padder and quitter

you can cry whine b**** all you want but the facts and knowlegeble/involved people are opposite of what your crying b****ing and whining about

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've heard an analyst say they thought he had a concussion before game 6. If that was true, would it change your mind about him some?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong.

The Rockets owed Barkley 3 million dollars it was even discussed ironically on TNT before Barkley retired.

The Joe Smith scandal happened and they decided it wasn't in their best interest to pay Barkley and get penalized.

Learn some facts before you yak

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is hilarious

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden's 2015 playoff run was fine overall...yeah, he had game 6 against LAC and game 5 against GS, but he also had some truly GREAT games...at the end of the day, he averaged 27.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 7.5 assists while shooting 38% from 3 and getting to the line 10.5 times a game...I would take those averages all day from Harden in the playoffs

#130 Reeko, Sep 27, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

12. caneks

caneks Rookie

Dwyne Wade has fans.
    James Harden has fans.
    It is all right. This is a big world.

13. vlaurelio

like you p***y b!tch avoid my posts

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean I absolutely get what you're saying.
    Dude wins games.
    Did it in OKC.
    Did it with McHale.
    Did it with MDA.
    Has been to the Finals.
    Has been to the WCF.

Whereas we now have CP3, who seems like a better player over the course of their careers thus far... but can't get out of the second round.

And a guy like AD, who seems like a generational talent, but can't get to the playoffs much less the second round.

I'm just wary of a Harden led team winning a ring, ESPECIALLY in this era of GSW domination. But I've been over that months ago.

And anyway, it was just me spitballing. I don't think we can even trade Harden if we wanted to because of the designated veteran player extension massive contract he signed, for a year. But hypothetically, assuming you could, a straight up trade for AD could be VERY tempting. Because then you have CP3, Gordon, Ariza, AD, Capela. All guys that can guard (Gordon is a little small at the 2, but judging by last year he at least is a competent, put in the effort defender) and 4 guys that can guard potentially really really well, but can score as well. I know high scoring offensives are required and in vogue, and guard driven, 3 point shooting offensives are in vogue and again, basically required at this point... but you ALSO have to defend.... REALLY well. Which Harden will NEVER be able to do. So its a matter of can you put around him enough solid players otherwise that are great two way players and hide Harden defensively, like the Mavs did Dirk. Maybe, in 3 or 4 years.

All of which was why I was very intrigued with Melo. What, you say, Melo can't defend. Absolutely, I know and agree. I was intrigue by the "weird" pairing. 2 ball dominant PG types plus a SF/PF hybrid who doesn't require PG type ball domination but loves to get his touches. With an MDA system. Potential recipe for disaster, but potentially something that could work, and could work in a weird enough way to disrupt the "flow" of the GSW more than be good defensively.

I think KD, Draymond, Klay and the like would prefer having to defend just a solid offensive, ball movement team... cause they do that very well... then constantly be put in one on one matchups where they might do slightly better than most, but its still draining and taxing and susceptible to simple PnR switches.

It just might have been weird enough to work. That's probably still true just in OKC.

As for the Rockets as currently constituted. It's less about Harden. He of course needs to always be better defensively, have fewer turnovers, and not check out of the occasional playoff game. But even if he's perfect, and the CP3 pairing works really well, you are stuck praying for a GSW injury. The GSW have 2 top 5 players, 3 top 15 players, 4 top 25 players and an extremely deep bench, with great chemistry, coaching, efficiency and defense. They're a machine.

I'm very intrigued to see how the CP3 pairing works. And I do think I like the bench a bit more from a win-now, veteran, defensive perspective.

But truly, Ryan Anderson has to hit like 50% of his threes to put up a real deep into the playoffs in a super deep West. Unless DM can pull another rabbit out of his hat.

Hey... I know... let's find a way to add AD without trading Harden!! Ryno for AD?

#134 JayZ750, Sep 27, 2017
  15. Progs

Progs Member

WOAH!!! :eek::eek::eek:

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I like max, I wish he is the GM for 29 other teams.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bout time someone put that undie stain in her place

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN purposely does this loud and shock stuff. That's why Stephen A Smith / Kellerman are their biggest personalities.

TNT, you can tell that it's unscripted and free flowing.

Also, Smith and Kellerman never played professionally in the NBA

Kenny was a stellar point guard in college and the pros and a rockets hero.
    Charles was one of the best players of all time.

19. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Nor should Wesley Matthews and Aminu take you off your game most of the time. It's been 5 playoff series in Houston you can't defend him every year. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I won't get fooled a again. Love him in the regular season, but when them whistles get swallowed in the playoffs it's like he quits.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Chris Rock has fans too but that doesn't mean he is better than harden at basketball

Tha_Dude likes this.