1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mavs vs. kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by macalu, Jan 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

man, i can't believe the kings are crapping all over the mavs. deja vu all over again for the mavs. looks like they haven't changed since getting shallacked in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

They can talk about their improved defense all they like, but playing the Kings is something else all together. No team since the 80's Celtics has passed like they do... Bibby, Christie, Webber, Vlade... each of those guys is good for at least a couple showtime passes per night, and all of them can shoot. Then you've got Chirstie for perimeter defense, Jim Jackson for shutting down swingmen, Peja for making everything, Bobby Jackson for getting impossible layups, Clark to block everything, and, amazingly, Turkoglu and Pollard to simply rot on the bench. Oh, and Gerald Wallace to dunk on everyone in the fourth quarter.

Notice the point differentials in the last 6 games: +26 (Miami), +25 (Milwaukee), +36 (New Jersey), -6 (OT) (Minnesota), +8 (Memphis), +29 (Dallas). They haven't just been beating teams... they've been destroying teams, Dallas and New Jersey included.

The Kings' backup line is a playoff team in the East:

Bobby Jackson
    Jim Jackson
    Hedo Turkoglu
    Keon Clark
    Scott Pollard

I don't see anyone stopping the Kings.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Kings are on a roll. The Lakers fan in me hopes that they will lose focus and fall victim to Big Chief Triangle's mind games...

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Wait until the run into the Great Wall of China. We'll stop that train from rolling.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This makes me happy.

The Mavs getting their asses kicked, not the Kings being this good.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Kings are slamming the best teams in the league. Last week, they beat the Nets by 30+ points. Last night they beat the Mavs by 29! :eek: Scary!!

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

After this beat down all I have to say is this:

The Mavs are overrated and they are still soft. They beat everyone in the league except the top teams. Loses to the Kings Lakers, and even the Spurs. (BTW, I threw out the blowout against the Lakers cuz they were without Shaq.) I was looking foward to seeing the NEW SHAWN BRADLEY, the preying mantis as they call him in Dallas. Instead, I saw that some ole, long legged stick boy who stands around and does nothing except get dunked on. I have heard many people say that Nash should start the All-Star game instead of the Franchise. Well, we all know that is wrong since Stevie is the second best PG behind AI. And this observation is coming from a bag-over-my-head Knicks fan who has been transplanted to Texas. Nash being MVP as called by Bill Walton; so much for that. Nash got scorched by Bibby. Biby scored on him at will and shut him down on defense. After this beatdown, Cuban did not look happy at all and somewhere on another part of the world, David Stern was enjoying all of this!!
    I think Cuban will now begin to think about trading for some help on the interior game. Kurt Thomas's name has already been mentioned, but coming form a Kinicks fan, I think he SUX!!!!
    It will be interesting to see what they do come trade deadline.

This is not what I expected in this game. I wanted to see a overtime shootout thriller. I am shocked and extremely disapointed, and that is me being understated. Sac-town showed us last night who was really the best team in the league. If they keep this up, Sac-town wont just be QUEENS of the NBA, they will be champs and Shaq will look like tha' b****!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Mavs got anally molested last night. The NBA title is definitely the Kings' to lose this year...

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

tiger,

The Mavs might be overrated relative to their record, but they are not overrated as one of the best teams in the league. The Kings are definitely the better team now. But don't count the Mavs out yet just because they lost some big ones. They are still maturing.

Dallas is one year behind the development of Sacramental. The Kings will be dominant like the Lakers used to be. The Mavs will be good in the playoffs and choke at the WCF, like the Kings did last year. The Lakers. . . I think they have passed their prime.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i said earlier this year the kings were the best team in the league and that no one else was close...

i stand behind that statement! ;)

w-l records are great...but they can be deceptive. the mavericks are a very good team...the kings are a great team.

11. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Don't mean to call you out but this statement shows just how little knowledge of the NBA you really have.

First reason is because the starters for the All Star Game are not always the best players. The starters for the All Star Game are chosen on popularity not actual skill. If it was based on skill Jordan wouldn't be starting for the East. Also Zo, and Grant Hill wouldn't have been selected as starters last year since they didn't play at all last year.

If it was based on skill instead of popularity Payton would be starting for the West this year not Nash or Francis.

Second, AI is not a PG.

12. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Also if it were based on skill would Vince Carter be the leading vote getter for the All Star Game? He got more votes than any player on the ballot. Are you saying that Vince is the best player in the NBA hands down?