1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs to sign DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

But who is going to stop our LMA?!
    ;)

2. ApuN

ApuN Member

All with CP3

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

While I'm sure the Mavs pitched featuring him more as an offensive weapon, I really doubt they told him he would be the number one option. I mean does he really think or the Mavs really tell him they were going to give him 15 shots + per game and run the offense through him? I doubt that's the case with Carlise Dirk and Parsons. But who knows.

The fact that he left his best bro Blake, Doc rivers who was his biggest supporter and LA, probably does indicate that he wanted to have a bigger role in the offense, but I also think it had a lot to do with the rumors about his relationship with CP3.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I think that anybody that believes this move and the Matthews move don't significantly help them is delusional. If they can find a decent PG then that team will be a tough matchup.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think signing DeAndre is pretty huge for the Mavs, but I'm still glad it happened. As has been said before, Parsons is coming off microfracture surgery, Matthews is coming off of a torn achilles, Dirk is coming off of being 85 years old - I'm not scared of this team.

I was kind of scared of the Clippers after they added Pierce. Not anymore though! This move worked out to our advantage. That said, I'd have preferred for Jordan to have gone to the Knicks.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Or skeptical that he'll ever fully recover from that very serious injury.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jordan is no where close to Tyson Chandler on the defensive side. They have no point guard to pass Jordan the ball. The Mavs lost their primary shot creator and replace him with a guy that was never a great offensive player that had an achilles injury. The Mavs will be a border line playoff team if everything goes right. They won't even sniff the playoffs if Parsons and Mathews aren't fully recovered.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

lol Cuban

DJ is a sidegrade from Tyson Chandler and they lost Monta Ellis. This is a team treading water if I ever saw one.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Aldridge will sign with Dallas

When will Morey stop being a pushover?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This I agree with. On the ball, Jordan looks average. I didn't realize this until that Spurs/Clippers series where Duncan was eating Jordan alive with the same move.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You continue to be annoying as ****.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

need to photoshop OUT

14. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

So, the Houston boy comes "home" to Dallas. Time to bring the Dallas boy "home" to Houston. Get 'r done, Morey.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You're getting really close to ignore status.

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

mavs really really need some defensive players. This doesn't help them at all...

I can't forsee the mavs being a threat in the future until they get some legit defensive help. DJ and Matthews? Pshh...Look at the Clippers and Portland defense with them...extremely mediocre.

Won't start getting nervous unless Mavs sign LMA.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I keep reading about how advanced stats say DJ was the best FA available despite the obvious weaknesses in his game. This change of scenery is going prove if he is or whether he should have been giving CP3 a cut of his paycheck all these years.

18. hakeemthagreat

You mean Lin throwing lobs into the front row of the crowd. I want Lin in Dallas

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His replacement with the Mavs would be that Indian guy. :grin:

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Once Dirk retires the Mavs should be in play for another top free agent. They will have a core of DJ, Parsons, and Matthews. Parsons will once again work his magic and somehow land another prized commodity, this time it'll have to be a legit #1 option though.