1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs, Odom part ways

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 9, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7791431/dallas-mavericks-lamar-odom-sever-ties-immediately

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What a bum. I remember when he got drafted they said he could be a hall of famer. So much physical gifts and talent but such a little heart.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The combination of a rough offseason and an abrupt transition to a new team really hurt him.

I thought picking up Odom would have been a masterstroke by the Mavs. Glad it wasn't.

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Can the lakers pick him up? The guy is probably home sick. Maybe he can get the confidence back in LA

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I remember when Stevie and Cat were pushing management to send a young Yao to the Clips for Odom... laughable.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

:grin:

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Had him on my fantasy team when he came in the league with the Clips. Waste of talent ever since. True story.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Is this year's Odom compared to last year's the biggest single-season decline in the history of the NBA not related to injury? How often does a 20 PER guy drop to single digit in a year? Crazy.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Really unprofessional way to let things end. I expected more from him. I do know Riley loves the guy. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back with the Heat next year.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This is hilarious! What a baby. Go have fun with your gay show on TV.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The trade would have ended up being amare, odom, and the no 12 pick. They should have taken that deal.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Mavs aren't going to cut him, his contract is too expensive and he's too young to be considered washed up. A team will trade for him and I think it will the Minnesota. The Lakers can't afford to take on $8 million next season.

Yea, at least we'd have tanked 3 years ago with that deal.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

14. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

:rolleyes:

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I honestly never thought this trade could possibly turn out to be bad for the Mavs. I figured Odom would not play as well as the year before, but for him to just quit so easily is quite baffling.

On a side note, is there any reason why Chloe would possibly want to stay with him now? I don't see Odom getting another big paycheck for the rest of his career.

Mavs are going to decline his option. He will be a FA.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Greg Smith is offended

[​IMG]

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I blame Khloe. Khloe is only HALF Kardashian therefore does not possess the magic vagina.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, it's lasted more than 70 (72?) days, so that's something.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

As I understood it, he didn't request a trade to the Mavs - he took the news of the NO deal as poorly as possible, and when it was rescinded he continued pouting like a child - showed up over an hour late to practice, didn't practice, and went to the GM office to have a tantrum. Essentially telling Kupchak that if the Lakers didn't want him around, then they should just trade him now and get it over with, because he didn't want to stay somewhere he wasn't wanted.

But apparently he just wanted them to hug him, kiss him, tell him that they loved him, tell him they were so sorry, and that it would never happen again. And here, we got you a new Thomas the Train because we know you love them so much. And a lollipop!

Unfortunately, they went ahead and traded him to the Mavs, which broke little Mar-Mar's heart.

So the Mavs get a checked out, disinterested, out of shape Odom that tries to get a midseason buyout so he can go back to LA(C). Only Cuban wasn't having it. No buyout.

Good for the team sticking it to him and not letting him out of his contract.

20. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

But Odom and Mavs were such a good fit. They're both

[​IMG]