1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs hire Gersson Rosas as GM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 22, 2013.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Oh well, guess we have to bring in his brother Zersson Rosas for a tryout.

1 person likes this.
  2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

ha, for this reason I'd hate to lose Bima. Who would be clutchfans resident capologist?

Also, as much respect as I have for Bima, sounds like the guys we lost were people with basketball backgrounds, not "capologists." I kinda get the impression Morey is the numbers guy who has learned basketball, and those guys are bball guys who value the numbers. That's why my guess is that Morey hires guys with basketball backgrounds, not analytics. I could be wrong though, maybe Bima became partner at his firm through his clutch play on the firm bball team.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He does have a younger brother named Mike who was a spiritual leader for Rockets players. He's a cool guy.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

No worries!!... this is Morey right now!!!!!

[​IMG]

Who's yo Daddy now NBA!!!!
    They're ALL going to say "Hello To My Little Friend"......:eek:

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Stealing ideas is the highest form of flattery

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, the Rockets have been trying to adopt a more innovative approach to the strength/conditioning/training aspect of the business. Macha was a holdover from the prior era (before Morey, I think) and they already hired a new guy a few years ago to oversee that department (brought in some innovation like the cryo machine). Now maybe they are going full-new-school by letting Macha go and hiring another new school guy.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Rockets front office with Rosas, Hinkie, Karnisovas all moving on.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm ok with this as long as it creates a pathway to get Dirk here. It's pretty funny how just a year ago, league execs all over the NBA were making fun of the Rockets front office as all bark, and no bite. Now all of a sudden, we're the franchise to emulate. It's a copycat world out there.

9. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I thought Cuban was basically their GM? Lol, have fun dealing with that guy Rosas

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

No joke. Other teams have obviously taken notice of what the Rockets have been doing.

11. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Point taken, but I'm pretty sure that's not how the saying goes.

13. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Are the mavs in tank mode?. It would be funny and awesome if with help the of Rosas dirk ends up here in houston lol

14. Nook

Nook Member

Of course losing them hurts but it is inevitable if you do a good job. I would point out that Morey hired all three of the defectors and that Morey has shown an ability to hire smart and competent people through out the organization.

Long term I am not too worried about the defections.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

somehow went over my head that a macha firing would coincide with that hiring.

damn shame, he's a great guy and a player favorite. busted his ass for the team in his tenure here. hope he lands on his feet quickly.

16. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Why's Morey not counter-poaching talent? Is our talent pool that awesome that anyone not groomed by the organization inferior or does Morey see FO personnel the same way as players; buy low. I hope Les isn't scrimping on our FO talent.

17. SPBR

SPBR Member

It's the perfect time for those execs to leave. If these execs learned anything, it's that you gotta sell while the value is high. The successful rebuild of Rockets is the best advertisement for their value. In the coming year, it's hard to see how the roster can be substantially improved. A marginal improvement in roster doesn't exactly call out "I'm great at my job so hire me!" These execs will probably benefit off Morey's intel for a year or so while they get their systems/analytics up and running.

What's up with the league poaching talent from teams from Texas? Coaching staff getting poached from Spurs. Front office staff getting poached from Rockets. And .... from Mavs...

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Longtime Mavericks executive Donnie Nelson will relinquish his role as GM and remain president of basketball operations. Rosas will report to Nelson.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Murray ran him off!! Murray doesn't give credit and Rosus likes Donnie more than Murray! Murray's ego too big!!

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL...you threw a softball there, all I can think of is the Harden thread...:grin: