1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs fans worrying about Parsons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 18pbr, Nov 25, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think a lot of fans in Dallas thought this was like Harden leaving OKC...they expected CP to blow up...laughable.

That being said....he's not going to get worse. New coach, teammates, system, etc...he's going to adapt some eventually, so he'll be better later in the season.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's great - by that logic - but if you look at overall effect of both contracts on the team, they definitely lost flexibility.

Given the option to have Dirk on Dirk's contract or Parsons and Dirk on their contracts, the first option is better.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Parson is the same guy but might improve a bit..

Dallas fans should be worried that Dirk is getting fed up , regretting taking a discount, his body language is different ,his energy over the span of 5 games regressed a lot, eventually he 'll play like an 8 million player as the season advance

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

In addition to his raw stats, he really looks lost a great deal of the time on offense. Unless his shot falls early, Parsons has a tendency to float around the three point line calling for the ball. Unlike his predecessor Shawn Marion, Parsons rarely cuts. It's getting to the point to where I may refer to him as Stand There Parsons. His jumper is so flat that the Houston Rockets announcers wondered if something was wrong with him. Unfortunately for Mavs fans, the straight line shot is all we've ever known from Parsons.

That's Parsons, alright.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really not sure what Cuban thought he was getting.

Parsons is a nice role player who thrived off the offensive creativity that Harden brings. Dallas doesn't have a play maker like that.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

At this point, we would be suicidal if we were stuck with Parsons' contract. That would be really grim.

There's no defense of that contract.

2014-2015
    Harden: 14,728,844
    Parsons: 14,700,000

2015-2016
    Harden: 15,756,438
    Parsons: 15,361,500

2016-2017
    Harden: 16,784,031
    Parsons: 16,023,000 (player option)

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I guess I'll be the douche and say how much I'm enjoying this thing blowing up in Cubans face!

8. bongman

bongman Member

I like...

[​IMG]

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Puban made the grenade and stuck it in his own mouth. Maybe a few mill means nothing to Puban in general life, but in the NBA, a few mill means something.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Disagreed. Confidence plays a huge factor. He came in with zero expectations and left with the city loving him and more than willing to over pay him.

He is now in a city that will soon resent him if he doesn't consistently perform. When he realizes he really is just a role player, he will accept his role and not give it his all.

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

So obvious. Cuban is an Earth sign, with Fire in dominant in his Natal chart. Parsons, born on 10/25/88,is a Scorpio.. Duh.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They certainly did. Posting Harden's stats after his third year to Parsons' stats. Oops!

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Cuban was getting a buddy to have threesomes and orgies with. The basketball stuff is a secondary consideration. ;)

14. baubo

baubo Member

Cuban will never say it, but he clearly expected the Rockets to match. Parsons isn't worth that money, but to just be willing to let him go for nothing is definitely not how teams generally operate.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dirk took a big pay cut so they could afford Parsons, Dirk would have gotten much more money if they decided to stand pat in free agency.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So beautiful. To bad Cuban is more concerned with hurting the Rockets than improving his team. I wonder if Cuban and Chandler are still partying in clubs taking selfies? Clowns. Enjoy that poison pill contract boys.

17. baubo

baubo Member

Not really. You can think of it this way instead. Suppose the last offseason for whatever reason, Dwight decided to take a paycut so he makes only $10 mil. Would you want that money to go towards just re-signing Parsons? Or would you have signed, say, Isaiah Thomas and Ariza instead?

If you're looking at it objectively, how the Mavs created the cap room is immaterial when looking at Parsons' contract. Only what the Mavs could've gotten for that cap room itself.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

I hate the use of this word but I'm gonna say it. . . . . EPIC!

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I've been saying this all along. He didn't want Parsons that bad, he wanted the Rockets to suffer that bad. He thought, there is no WAY they let their pretty golden boy walk no matter how much I offer so therefore, choke on this contract B!TCH! Morey goes, "Eh, I'll find another one. Oh PapanikoLAOUUUUUUUU!"

And the punishment continues.... Ah, such sweet revenge!

20. steady

steady Member

what's amazing is how excited these Mavs fans were about the Mavs getting Parsons.