1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs fans talking ish on their boards: OT: Houston Rockets, where prospects go to die

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think if Dallas fan wants to claim the Texans fan cannot talk based on the Cowboys multiple rings, the same should be true for Mavericks fan based on the Rockets multiple rings.

Shut up Mavericks fan!

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If we'd taken Zeller and White fell into their laps, Mavs fans would be lining up at the airport to ride his jock. As it is, we took two guys they wanted and they traded back out of spite so that the third guy we wanted wouldn't fall to us.

Usually reactionary moves will backfire. Who should Dallas' #1 enemy really be? If you ask me, New Jersey. Only one of them is making it through the next five years with a winning squad.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

hilarious. Dallas is actually one of the few teams that I would not swap circumstances with. They have an aging team, and almost no young player they can point to and feel good about for the future. If they don't steal DWill away from Brooklyn (and i don't think they will), they will be even worse next year than they were last year. Houston has started it's rebuilding process. Dallas hasn't even begun.

At least we don't have the contract albatross' around our neck like Dallas does; like two more years of a rapidly declining Shawn Marion at $9mil, 2 more years of Dirk at $22mil, and 3 more years of Haywood at $9mil. Dallas is F'd. hahahahahahahahahah

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

dude to hell with them. they just mad because we all know who has the better football team in Texas, now.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The cowboys...:grin:

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Who cares about the Maverettes think? They got stomped during the playoffs this year, that was actually funny for the former NBA champs lol.

7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Rockets are f****d. We have made no significant moves in either direction of rebuilding or contending. Dude has a point.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No matter what they say over there, dallas is and will always be a crap city with douchey citizens so I don't really care.

9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

not according to 78% of Americans recently polled....::cough cough::

10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

If Dallas fans really do think Cowboys > Texas then they're *****ing delusional

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Mavericks (and their MFFLs) really have no reason to be looking down on the Rockets. Their situation is as much if not more muddled than that of the Rockets.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

speak the truth brotha!!

13. BigMaloe

Because fans are experts... and can foresee the next season...

14. BigMaloe

Im a cowboys fan and i believe it... we improved our team while texans lost key players and didnt much improve...both teams will be great cant wait to meet in the superbowl :grin:

15. BigMaloe

No hes not... he is a stretch pf... learn before you assume off of height... he will play situational C at times but thats not who he is or what he'll be...

16. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

C'mon Aruba, how can you honestly say that you wouldn't rather have won the NBA Championship last year and suffer a few years of bad contracts than be stuck on the mediocrity treadmill for god knows how long? Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer to see another championship banner hanging from the ceiling.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does Morey like Power Forwards
    more than Kubiak like Tight Ends?

Rocket River
    doesn't sound right upon reading that

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I gotta wonder if Morey wasn't getting a lot of GM's looking for forwards in his trade discussions? Maybe he just drafted what everyone was asking for.

19. 34to11

34to11 Member

Agreed.

20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I just find the Rockets so interesting to follow.