1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs fans talking ish on their boards: OT: Houston Rockets, where prospects go to die

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Morey def needs to get his stuff together the fans are growing impatient, Attendance is down but worst of all we have been the best team to not make the playoffs 3 yrs in a row. At some point it's moreys fault he's the gm and his job is to put a winner on the floor. I'm sick of hearing les want to rebuild this way and were gonna do it this way but the reality is les hired morey to assemble a winner and so far he has failed big time. if morey gets fired trying to put a winner on the table then les really is a bad owner but I will say this if Dawson was still around I promise you he would have already made a big move for better or worse unfortunately morey has failed to make a big move and I'm gonna go ahead and say it. It's all moreys fault and not les he's just the owner he doesn't kno how to do anything but watch his money grow.

2. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I'm sure that you can respect the fact that Morey and his crew are not drafting to appease fans like you and me. They are following their own calculated plan to run a successful organization, whether we agree with what they are doing or not. Not trying to argue, because I wasn't thrilled with the picks, but we need to chill. Season is months away.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Chase Budinger (all-star slam dunk contest) and Aaron Brooks(Chinese Basketball Association all star).

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He took over a team with two all-stars and a bunch of scrubs with a bad cap situation. It's pretty hard to acquire all-stars in that situation. He did get Kevin Martin and Ron Artest, two players who were borderline all-stars when they were acquired.

5. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

How is that ridiculous?

That's like trying to absolve Gary Kubiak of any responsibility for hiring his crappy friends at defensive coordinator for so many years. Sure, Kubiak had nothing to do with the terrible defenses, but he hired the one in charge, making him ultimately responsible.

Same goes here. And I honestly don't believe this is all Morey's idea. The "no tanking policy" was Les Alexander's idea from what I've seen.

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Owned.

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I have had enough of the Morey apologist. They keep making excuses and talking about the bigger picture.

He has not got us one single piece of elite talkent since he has been here. Sure it has been a difficult situation but c'mon you apologist have got to stop looking down on the people who are feed up. We have the right to be mad, we are in a worse situation than we he got here however many years ago it was.

8. dmoneybangbang

You have no legitimate reason to be mad at a sport that you voluntary watch and pay for. Can't handle it, join one of the bandwagon teams.

9. southtexan

southtexan Member

They drafted for talent, what are they supposed to do? Draft someone with less talent because the guy they feel has the most talent is a PF?

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

F*** the Dallas Mavs.. reason why I was rooting for the Heat to win the Finals last year!!

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Whether he's right or wrong, who the furk cares about what a Mavs fan said?

12. southtexan

southtexan Member

I concur.

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Who cares what some 15 year old internet troll who probably can't play basetball to save his life has to say? Regardless if he's right or not, who cares. He probably didn't think the Mavs were going to get swept either.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I was reading and after a while at one point all i read was blah, blah, blah... everyone is crying and moanin and biitchin like a bunch of irrational idiots...

We have alot of forwards, so whaat... we wont have them all for very long... hate morey and spew venom and hatred all you want but this isnt our roster and wont be opening day...

And all this bias about morey hasnt gotten a star, we cant tank thus get a higher draft pick which gives us higher odds at drafting one... were trying to turn our mid teens prospects and 2nd rd gema into superstars(dwight)... its not easy and to say any other GM would be able to is ridiculous... besides kmart was borderline allstar... lowry is borderline allstar... dragic is lookin like a borderline/allstar... your knee jerk reaction is killing me and making CF uniteresting...

Its not the end of the world...

Dallas Mavs are douches, their fans are douches, and your douches if you agree with them...

15. Crank

Crank Member

Nobody expected chandler parsons becoming a starter. Morey drafts well. We just got more flexibility in making trades.

16. Prince

Prince Member

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

They just tanked a season with a 34 year old centerpiece to try and get Deron Williams who's going to re-sign.

18. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Well, they're right.

Had Jeremy Lamb been drafted by, say, the Raptors...they'd give him a chance to play, realizing they can't get any worse than they already are.

The Rockets, however, are going to sit him on the bench and say he has to "bide his time" and develop. All the while not understanding that for a player to develop, he HAS TO PLAY!!

19. Raven

Raven Member

And let an important piece walk away last season, so they'd have money, right?

20. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

That's very good to know. I like that you're so emphatic about it too. :rolleyes: