1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs agree with Derek Fisher

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LAFIRMA22, Nov 28, 2012.

1. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8688182/derek-fisher-agrees-deal-dallas-mavericks

Veteran point guard Derek Fisher is returning to the NBA after agreeing to a deal with the Dallas Mavericks, coach Rick Carlisle said Wednesday night

The Mavericks are thin at point guard as Dominique Jones made just his third career start for the team Wednesday night against the Chicago Bulls after starter Darren Collison went down with a finger injury.

The position has been a bit of a concern for the Mavericks in the early going as Collison has struggled at times.

"Right now, the point guard position is a challenge for us," Carlisle said. "I think Derek can help us."

Fisher, 38, averaged 5.6 points and 2.7 assists in 63 games with the Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder last season. He had a more expanded role in the Thunder's playoff run, averaging 6.3 points and 22 minutes per game. This will be his 17th season.

The Mavericks, with 15 guaranteed contracts on the roster, will have to release a player to make room for Fisher.

2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Title should've had former Rocket Derek Fisher.

3. Arthurprescott2

I would have preferred Fisher to TD... Too late now I guess.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lakers shouldve signed him lol

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fisher is only 38?

Doesn't it seem like he's been 38 years old for the last 6 years?

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I cant decide what is worse.. derek flopper or dallas. thats like the vortex of suck opening up and aligning itself.. this could be the end of days I'm telling you right now.

7. Asian Sensation

Cool. More reason to hate Dallas. :cool:

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am glad Dallas agrees with Derek Fisher because I sure don't agree with him.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember Fisher used to play for Utah?

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If there's anyone more useless than Tony Douglas, its Derek Fisher.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah I know derek fisher- LA Utah and now Dallas? that's like dividing by 0

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I thought fisher was gonna return and play for the lakers

13. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I hate that Fisher. He's cocky, arrogant, selfish, and a dirty A$$ player. I was hoping nobody picks his sorry a** up. He has always been an arrogant douch. He was supposedly the leader of the Players association and a So-call professional, so when the Rockets traded Hill for him, he decided to be an a**h*le and go MIA until he gets released and signed with a team he wants.

He's a piece of crap and I was hoping he just retire already. I hope someone just sticks an elbow right to his face.

1 person likes this.