1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavericks get new owner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IROC it, Jan 7, 2000.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Well, while I don't get around the BBS very often anymore... (and it looks like most of you still get to) ...I have loosely kept up with the Rockets. Dismay would be one word used to describe my feelings of this season.
    Losing Chuck, Dream injured... all things considered what would you expect of the record other than what it is??

Anyway, the Dallas (that's where I live now) Mavericks just got themselves a new owner. Broadcast.com tycoon, Mr. Cuban, an avid Mavs fan is already claiming he'll keep the team together long enough for them to gel. He sites the "Mavs of old's" biggest problem to be coaches, GM's, and owners breaking them up.

Locals say, "No... we just suck!"

2. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

So, Perot sold his share or did he just became a minority owner? I am a bit surprised that Dallas never turned around under Perot's ownership. I would of thought Ross would have rubbed off some of his success on his kid. As a former employee of Ross's old company, I was actually rooting for that team to turn around. Before anyone ask... NO, I did not vote for him.

Did you guys hear about Nelson Sr. stepping down as coach after this year and he also said he will not recommend his son to be the next coach?

I guess that is a positive direction for the team.

IROC it, how 'bout them cowboys!!! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by MoonBus (edited January 07, 2000).]

3. IROC it

I hate the cowpies!

I know I said before I wouldn't, but I'm rooting for Tennessee. [​IMG]

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The Cowgirls...errr....Cowboys suck!!!

Had to get that out of my system.

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

5. IROC it

Mavs new owner finally official...

BTW, the Rockets look good lately!

Well, baby's crying... gotta go!

------------------
    Proud Father of the Rockets' future point guard.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Living fairly close to Dallas, I really wish the Mavs would at least become a contender for the #8 seed or something.

How long is Finley locked in for?

------------------
    Sir Charles is DA MAN.