1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maverick fans thoughts on our signing of Bonzi Wells

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forenzi, Sep 28, 2006.

1. forenzi

forenzi Contributing Member

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

This is my favorite post. A Dallas fan trying to make himself feel better by saying YES there IS A COMPARISON. Shaq/Wade. lol

That's what I'm talking about baby. Looking forward to the season starting.

3. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

4. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Man, those guys are smug.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No kidding. But consider what city they live in.

They don't sound too worried and that's just the way I like it. I hope none of the other teams in the West are worried either.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I see nothing wrong with sneaking up on 'em and slapping 'em in the back of the head this season. Let them berate. We will decapitate.

7. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Forenzi,

This is my favorite guilty pleasure by far. After a great game, or nice acquisition I spy on all the other fan boards in the WC focusing on the elite teams. Lots of times it makes me laugh and sometimes I get pissed but I love it all the same.

8. today

today Contributing Member

Interesting opinions from all angles: Some respect us and are worried, some discount us, and some have the wait and see attitude.

Overall, it seemed like everyone over there still thought that the Mavs are the better team, which is fine, they have proved it over the past few years. It's our job to prove them wrong this year.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get outta here... why that's just crazy talk... that would mean they'd sound like this forum... and we just can't have that!

10. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Let Dallas spin this however they want, the sheer amount of attention he is getting shows what they really think.

here are a few quotes from the others -

kingsfanclub
    "That was the real issue with Bonzi going to either Houston or Denver. Neither we, nor anybody, can handle a TMac/Bonzi or Carmelo/Bonzi pairing. One Artest vs. two power smalls. Same thing we had going at the end of last year. Few, if any, OGs can handle Bonzi Wells inside (in fact many SFs can't), and then if you pair him with a superstar type SF with too much size/strength for an OG to handle, it just makes it nearly impossible."

spursreport
    "That's gonna be a big matchup problem for us defensively. Manu can't matchup against TMac or Bonzi and Bruce can only guard one of them at any one time."

"spin it however you want this is a nice signing by houston. a guy that givest the spurs tons of trouble..."

lakersground is pretty delusional but it's still 1/2 and 1/2
    "I just threw up in my mouth a little. Wow the Rockets are so good. With everyone healthy I see this team going to the finals."

Clippers
    "Bad news for us... are we now the 5th best team in the West?"

11. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

I assure you DoD, that there is no comparison - even if you were ;).

12. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I wouldnt expect any less from them, its just who they are. I like us being under the radar. Them taking us lightly is a good thing, and cant wait til we play them.

13. today

Sure, there were a few posters who were smug, but not all of them. I was actually surprised to read 6-8 posts that gave us respect and a legitimate shot to challenge next year. One guy even had us facing the Mavs in the WCF.

I can understand their confidence (imo over-confidence), they made the Finals last year. From their vantage point, they think that they were better than the Heat and should have won. Thus, they assume that this is their year to win. So to see some smug posts is not really surprising to me.

What will be really funny is to watch the Mav fans agonize in pain as they don't make it back to the Finals this year. Can't wait to revisit this board in April when they get knocked out of the Playoffs =)

14. Pocket Rockets

dallas is a bunch of douchebags anyways....they are too hard headed to realize there is another texas team thats capable of beating them.

i like the other quotes from the other teams though, they understand at least

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Won't have to wait long. November 4th at the TC.

16. today

lol ;)

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fuzzy- thanks for parsing out those comments. It's good to hear realist fans of other teams.

I'm so glad that Clutch doesn't allow those obnoxious banners on this forum.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

and I'm going to be there.... :D

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've seen some interesting reactions too. These are from a general NBA forum...

Kings fan (all quotes from same guy)

He's right that a lot depends on what Bonzi shows up, but I think we were already a 50 win team if healthy...

Lakers fans

Mavs fan

Response from Rockets fan: "See you in our home opener, kid. ;) "

Raptors fans

20. Danbury

Danbury Member

How many championships have the Mavericks won again?...can't seem to remember...oh thats right! ZERO!