1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by B, Jul 7, 2002.

1. B

B Contributing Member

What happened to Matt Bullard? I thought he did color commentary for the Comets, but I haven't heard him on 610 for several games now. Did he quit? Does anyone know why he isn't on the radio broadcast anymore?

B

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I'm not 100% sure but I thought he was doing it for another team.

3. Old School

Old School Member

He was there last night doing the game.

os

4. B

B Contributing Member

Radio or TV? I've only heard him on 2 of the 5 games I listened to on the radio.

B

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Oh, never mind my post.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He does radio, I think.

7. Old School

Old School Member

I'm pretty sure he only does radio. Lisa Malosky does the color on the road tv games usually.

os

8. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I think Bull handles the color on the radio for home games only. The radio station is too cheap to pay for anyone other than Hags on road games.

9. B

B Contributing Member

Okay, that would explain it, and that is stupid. Maybe Bull doesn't want to do road trips? If he does want to do the road games then they need to change it so he does. I tuned in a few times expecting to hear Bullard and just getting Jeff. Nothing against Jeff, but he's not the Bull.

B

10. Old School

Old School Member

It's not the radio station who pays Matt or any of the announces. They are employees of the Rockets organization. And yes, they are too cheap.

os

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Les has been many things since buying the Rockets, and most of them are not so good. One thing he has not been is cheap. He has not been skiddish about opening up the purse strings to try to win. Just trying to be fair....

12. Old School

Old School Member

Oh, really?

Try talking to some of his employess off the court and behind the scenes...people you never hear of. They will sing a much different tune.

Yes, he's done all he can paying his players and trying to improve the team...no arguement there.

os

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It is a well establishes fact that working in the front office of a pro sports team is not a good way to get rich. If there are other things at play here (poor woring conditions, etc), then it's a different story.

14. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I agree Les has been a good owner from a players perspective. As a businessman .... well read the following and reach your own conclusions.

http://houston-press.com/issues/1997-02-13/feature2.html/1/index.html