1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard is our SAVIOUR!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKETBOOSTER, Nov 26, 1999.

1. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Listen Rudy If your going to play Matt Bullard the whole game over Rogers, Anderson, and Williams then go ahead and sign Sam Mack.

We are suppose to have a new team yet I see Bullard and Bryce Drew on the court more than Anderson and Rogers.

If Rudy T. gives Matt Bullard and Drew big minutes like this all year we may never win another game. Steve Smith just killed Bullard in overtime. RUDY T. is the only coach that would ever give Bullard playing time.

2. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I haven't seen much of Bullard this year, but as long as he continues to drain the long j, then he'll continue to get his minutes.

One player I'm real puzzled about is Tony Massenburg. TMass has definately got game, but I rarely ever see him play more than 5-6 mins a game. He brings a blue-collar work ethic to the game as well as solid defense and dependable offense. Sure, PF is our thickest position, but we should be seeing more of this guy.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    "Change does not necessarily assure progress, but progress
    undeniably requires change."

- Motto of the Houston Rockets

3. I don't mind seeing Bullard out there from time to time, he does create a little bit of a matchup problem. The killer of it, is seeing him out there when the Rox needed a stop, while Anderson who was playind mad D, Rogers who was all over the place crashing the boards, and TMass couldn't even get into the game.

At any given point I was watching Barkley on Shrimpy, Barkley on Wallace, Bullard on Smith, Mobley on Pippen, Cato on Sabonis, Rogers on Wallace. This isn't to the Rox advantage on offense or Defense.

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

i'm starting to think that caucasionsensation is actually caroll dawson in disguise... we were in this game b/c of drew/ we lost b/c of francis...

i'll take the zero on bullard (although he did show some hustle... did he even have a steal?)

5. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

oops -- blasted Bullard in another thread before I saw this one

can't have too many threads blasting Rudy for playing Bullard in the stretch I guess

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't mind Bullard being in there, he played pretty good, and almost made the game tying 3.

I personally would rather see Sam Mack though. He is a MUCH better defender then Bullard, and is at least as good a shooter.

I am beginning to have my doubts as to whether Rudy truly wants to win. Maybe the Rockets are tanking to get in the lotto. I hope not...(sigh)

DaDakota

PS I really don't believe that they are losing on purpose..that was said with much sarcasm.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tony Massenberg is out with a groin injury.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Im not a big Bullard fan but Anderson and Roger's were playing like crap and Walt not much better.Roger's had 6 TO's in 11 min and Anderson had 0 pts in 22 min.

Rudy needed some scoring from somewhere.

9. alaskansnowman

the reason shandon didn't have many points was cause they didn't run any plays for him. he rarely go the ball and we didn't fastbreak too often either. I'M WORRIED THAT SHANDON WILL END UP LIKE PIPPEN. Shandon is a good player and we ought to run some plays for him while he is out there. Carlos Rogers did play like crap, but the man has worked very hard the last couple of games so i am not going to get on him. GOOD GAME TONITE.

10. absolutely correct Alaskan...Hey its one thing not to perform with the ball in your hand. But its like the game plan is not to pass Anderson the ball. Its utterly rediculous. I counted at least 4 or 5 times Anderson cut through the lane and was open for a short jumper or a layup, just to get waived out or totally ignored.

Ill guarantee, Anderson will be on Pippens boat after this season if he continous to get ignored. Heck his agent is already claiming what a mistake it was to come to Houston. And didn't he speak out about his lack of involvement after a Dallas game???

sounds very reminiscent of last year to me.