1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard is killing the rockets television broadcast.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, Mar 7, 2010.

1. scottie brooks

I love Bull and Bill! They make a great team and really seem to feed off each other very well. I look foward to hearing their comments every away game. Sure the motown bit got old after the 28th reference but hell, they were in Detroit! Home of MoTown!

I think Bull is very accurate in his assesment of the refs crappy calls on the Rockets.
    If they call foul in favor of the rockets and there really wasn't one, Bull isn't afraid to say it was a bad call. He'll take it, but he calls it like it is. He points out bad calls on both ends of the floor for both teams.

All in all, GET OFF BULLS CASE! He's great!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Better!

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hire Gus Johnson and replace Bill

Hire Bill Walton and replace Clyde

let the good times roll!

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i love hearing bull. hater.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Call the knicks, see if we can trade for walt frazier

6. Old School Fan

Old School Fan New Member

Jeez I can't believe I am seeing bring back the clown Calvin Murphy posts! Heck why don't we bring back McCoy McLemore, oh wait, he's dead.....but that would still make him better than Calvin "cookies" Murphy

7. Center

Center Contributing Member

Bull was Bullsh++t . I usually perfer him to Clyde.

Half of his Motown tunes didn't fit the game situation. Many were not even recorded at Motown. He stopped "analyzing" the game to the best of his ability, (which isn't saying much) and spat out his dim witted, lam-o lines.

I watch the game for the team. Dufus got in the way.

I was actually trying to predict when he would say his next line of crap so that I could mute him before he started.

Ugg.. Earth Wind and Fire times ten

8. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Much better broadcast tonight! It's amazing how winning/no crazy jokes can cure all evils.9

9. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Bullard's voice is too drab for me.
    Bill Worrell is the only above average one of the three.

10. VanityHalfBlack

I would kill to have Jeff Van Gundy as our Rocket Broadcaster.. Does Gundy have his own podcast by any chance???

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Agreed Calvin is the best they had.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I absolutely LOVE the way Bill and Bullard do the broadcasts. I am shocked that some of you don't like them because they are entertaining, informative, and great fun to listen to. They add so much to the games. I never understood the obsession with Calvin. He was exciting and emotional, but most of the time, I could never understand what he was saying. Some of you should listen to the other teams; our guys are superior to most.

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I miss Calvin Murphy, you can't have great commenting from no names unless they were a great part of the franchise. I was kind of getting tired of the Motown phrases but he's a step up from Clyde's obvious commenting.

Officiating during the Detriot game was horrible, I remember Brooks tripping over himself and they called a foul on Hamilton so I guess to rectify that one they called ghost fouls on the Rockets later. (Battier's no contact with Hamilton, you could see Battier go up and Hamilton just falls)

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I feel the same way. I do not understand how anyone could not like Bull. He is easily the best of the 3 in terms of analysis and breaking down plays, and he has a natural humor with his delivery. I love it. It's the best of both worlds.

15. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

"He's on the downslope...he's over the hill and picking up speed." - Matt Bullard on Jerry Stackhouse :grin:

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

matt bullard = underrated sport commentator. hes even better during commercial break, or when the refs piss him off!!!!!

17. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Bull makes calling games seem easy as ABC.

18. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

A couple games back Clyde was doing the game and as he was talking about the Rockets hustle he stated,"The Rockets are really putting the wood on these guys tonight"...I know this is a Bullard thread but Clyde and Bull are better than 75% of the leagues commentators...Bill in my opinion is a Top 5 commentator