1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard is killing the rockets television broadcast.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, Mar 7, 2010.

1. HiroProtagonist

if battier doesn't end up coaching somewhere after he retires, i can easily see him doing commentary.
    worell, bullard & battier. now that would be awesome.

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

That would be awesome if Battier would start spontaneously singing his analysis. You know Bullard would join in too.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I used to get sick of the Hey Bud Lets Party mention. But of all announcers in the league, you know Matt Bullard is probably ALL about that movie. Maybe in his personal top 20. Hubie Brown, Mike Fratello and Van Gundy arent into any Fast Times at Ridgemont High, you kidding. The saying has gotten old no doubt, but I get a chuckle hearing old Bill Worrell trying to force it out. Its like when Yao did the wave during the All Star game.

Its Scott Hastings, haha I said the same thing about him couple months ago how he sounds like Rick Adelman, along with him being terrible.
    (Back in his playing days he and the Nuggets of all people used to play Hakeem pretty tough)

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Same here. I remember him laughing a lot. I didn't like his radio show either the couple of times I've listened in.

5. HookemHorns1250

I use to get a bit annoyed as well, but he's grown on me. He knows what he's talking about, even if he drags it out a bit.

The only thing that gets annoying at times to me, which others have touched on, is when he gets on the officials. I understand getting upset at times, but he takes it a bit too far at certain points.

Other than that, I actually enjoy him and Bill together.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There aren't too many things more annoying than the Bull's Eye.

Roll it..stop it right there...roll it..stop it again right there and this continues on for a couple of minutes

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I actually like the Bull's Eye. At least it's real analysis. It's a lot better then the gawd awful Motown references. That got really annoying after about #15 or so.

"Hey Bill. 'What's Goin' On?' " :rolleyes:

8. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Bull is garbage..complete garbage. I can't stand his constant homerism and bold statements. I rather listen to Reggie Miller.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I am sure he gets a hard time from the network regarding his complaints about the officiating. Rockets fans need to understand, he does this for them.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I actually like Bullard the guy seem's to know what his talking about...but the one guy I can't stand is Bill Worrell, I cant stand his old ass, constantly talking about players from the 50's or 60's that no ones ever heard of...

--RB

11. htown11

htown11 Member

Matt is actually the best the Rockets have. Bill and Matt work well with each other and so do Kevin and Matt.

Matt was in that ESPN dream job thing and I think those pointers have really helped him, he is a solid commentator.

Clyde does and says all the wrong things.

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

JVG is the best commentator hands down....the guy is funny...makes me laugh atleast once every broadcast.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I did.

I loved Murphy, Drexler and Bullard on the court, but I can't stand any of their dumb jokes.

14. diegot143

diegot143 Member

i dont know whats up with all the Drexler hate. I for one find drexler to be a breath of fresh air, his cornyness is to the point that makes it very amusing, and the fact that he is just naturally a good person make it enjoyable to hear. Bullard seems like hes got something to prove and it seems he is trying too hard to find ways to make himself considered intertaining, i cant quite put my finger on it. Any ways i like Drexler and i kind of agree with the poster of this thread but not to the point of wanting him to leave.

15. blink52y

blink52y Member

Concur with all the Bullard love. I love his commentating.

Drexler, on the other hand... man hes just horrible.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Corniest corn ball on the planet. He'd fit perfectly on CLutchfans. :grin:

17. Landry92

Landry92 Member

He's great ..
    But he definetely has his irritating moments .. espically when he likes player .. the player cant do no wrong after that ..

18. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Forgot To say
    We should start a " bring JVG back as a broadcaster " thread ..
    I love him AS A BROADCASTER ..

19. Houston09

Houston09 Member

dude really. matt bullard is great. im getting tired of people like you starting stupid threads. if you enjoy the game of basketball then you should enjoy bullard. he breaks plays down, and has fun doing what he does.

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Matt and Clyde would sound a whole lot better if the Rockets were winning their games. Winning cures everything.