1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard is killing the rockets television broadcast.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, Mar 7, 2010.

1. albuster

albuster Member

This!!

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

only thing that bothers me is the "hey bud, let's party" being used every time chase gets mentioned and matt can get a little carried away after a bad call by the refs.

3. HiroProtagonist

that's one of the things i like most about him. it's nice hearing a commentator share the same frustrations as the everyday fan. especially when it comes to flops.

4. prs325

prs325 Member

I dont know what youre talking about, Bull is great!!! Pretty humorous and creative with the Motown reference. How can you not get a kick out of that...

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

are you 50 years old?

Bull has some of the campiest humor I've heard. It's like Bob Saget on AMV's.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Not only is Bull not terriBULL, one could BULLievably argue he is top 5 in the NBA for local color guys. At the very least he doesn't just regurgitate what Bill says like some sort of oratory BULLemic.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

if the rockets would have won no one would care.

8. PeppermintCandy

The Motown thing was too schticky for me.

I enjoy listening to the Rockets broadcasts because I'm a Rockets fan, but to be honest, I get a lot more insight into the game when listening to some of the opposing team's broadcasters. IMO, ex-coaches make the better broadcasters. They're much better at sticking to giving actual analyses of plays than trying to find other ways to entertain.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

HAHAHAH i lol.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why do you need analysis, do you not understand basketball? I watch to be entertained

11. Good Times

Good Times Member

Living in LA now and listening to the horrible Lakers and Clippers broadcast, Bullard is heads and shoulders above them. It's actually quite fun listening to him get emotional over calls.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Matt particularly appreciates a quality flop.

;)

DD

13. PeppermintCandy

Call me crazy but listening to Mike Fratello or Jeff van Gundy dissect a play is INFINITELY more entertaining than Matt Bullard trying to squeeze his 30th Motown reference into the broadcast or yelling out "Hey, Bud!...etc."

But that's just me.

14. Hball

Hball Member

LOL... I actually do mute the TV.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

JVG's telecasts are 95% comedy, that is why he is the best in the biz. Fratello and Hubie are boring

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think the motown references would have bothered me if they would have been masterfully worked in. They were not. They were thrown about haphazardly. He was just mentioning motown songs just to mention them. It could have been done better.

In general, however, I agree he's significantly better than Clyde.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But those guys are on NATIONAL TV, and our team is not good enough to be featured on NATIONAL TV.

Next year when Yao gets back...I am sure we will get about 10-15 national TV games.

Did you guys complain about Calvin Murphy and his cookies too?

Or do you even know who he is??????

DD

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I live outside Denver and they have one guy that I feel is the absolute worst. He has the same voice as Rick Adelman which is funny, but he does nothing but whine and complain.

19. PeppermintCandy

OK, you're right about comparing national with local, though IIRC Fratello and Marv Albert do the Nets broadcasts for the Yes Network. But I've watched quite a few Rockets games this season with opposing team's broadcasters, and there are some local broadcast teams that are just as good as some national guys. Not a lot, but some.

And yes, I do know who Calvin Murphy is. And sorry, I didn't really think his commentating was all that great either.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I have said time and time again that Bullard is terrible. I'm really bummed that the Houston broadcasting team blows.