1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard and Bill Worrell just compared Clint to Hakeem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ns575, Apr 13, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Sweet we are going to win 2 championships!!!

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I call DMO "White Dream"

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Well, I saw Hakeem play when he first arrived at UH, and he and clint do favor each other in their "rawness," coordination, and potential. Not saying that Capella is the next Hakeem, but I get the early comparison.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3K7yDGSbtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

The balance and spring. Yes, that has to be it.

6. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I don't see Clint trying to teach Hakeem the Capela Shake anytime soon.

7. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, compared in terms of build and athleticism at that age. My mom taught Hakeem and Clyde in the same class when they were UH. She said Hakeem was tall and super skinny when when she taught him, which was when he had just come over and was quite young. She said he bulked up a lot the summer after she had him in class.

That's pretty all they said about Capela; he was tall and skinny like Hakeem was back then. They said Hakeem was mostly defensive and a rebounder before he started working out with the legends at Fonde, which is the same place Capela is at right now. I highly doubt Capela's going to turn into the next one-of-a-kind greatest center of all time, and neither do any of our announcers believe it, but the two apparently looked similar at the same age and played a little similarly when they super young.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I followed Hakeem also from day one at U of H. About the same size. I think Hakeem was a bit better jumper, but I think Clint is longer. Both have good hands. Hakeem iirc seemed to be somewhat more coordinated and stronger even when he weighed much less. Of course Hakeem started out playing against college players. Clint's English is vastly better than that of the early U of H Hakeem.

As Bill said how close Clint can become to be like Hakeem depends if Capela has the drive to be great that Hakeem did. Clint's progress in the last few months and confidence to insist on coming over this year might be a good sign.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Playing D wise at that young of age and playing with energy Dream's early years mainly with Cougars. Said Capela has the potential IF he works on his game every year like Dream did to improve every year.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Agreed. And personally I think that's fair. Clint's build and athleticism does remind me of a young Hakeem. It's just that there's WAY WAY WAY more to basketball than body type/athleticism. The chance that he ever becomes anything like the kind of player Hakeem was is less than 1 in 1000, but so what? They didn't say he was the next Dream, just that he had that kind of raw physicality.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A lot of people don't realize just how raw Dream was when he first came to UH. He was redshirted his first year. I think he must have spent half his time eating.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

I call Capella the Black DMo

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

So? I can compare Hakeem to DeAndre Jordan, it doesn't means I am saying Jordan is better than Dream, it is just for conversation.

Overreaction by op.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well, I mean they both are pretty tall, lol