1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Barnes talks smack to James Harden's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, May 7, 2015.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

His intentions was clear. Hope it backfire on Friday

[​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Joe Crawford can threaten to kick a fan out of the game for cheering too loud (drunk OTC dude in the front row with the button-up) then it should go both ways.

1 person likes this.
  3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I forgot OTC was in town. Was wondering why I saw a bunch of scattered blue oxford button-ups in the club seats.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

are you referring to the guy that hedo got into it with?

5. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I hate that guy. The instant you see him, you know he's a sleazy thug. As others have said, put Dorsey in there for one or two plays until he can deliver a playoff-ending Flagrant II to that little twerp. We obviously don't need Dorsey if he gets suspended, so let him go do something useful. The NBA likes suspending our players, so let's just make their job easy.

6. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

That comment was below the belt.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

For those calling Barnes a "thug" - make sure you put "fake" in front off it.

In fact just take thug out all together, a more apt description is "fake tough guy" or "punk b****"

1 person likes this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lotsa guys I like who aren't Rox. Some guys I can't wait to see out of the Association. Thug Barnes is very high on that list!

I want to Win and I want to like the guys representing. If Doc could have unloaded him for two minimum guys he would have, and tried last off season.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Yeah, that is Steve Trauber. Created Houston Hoops (AAU team that Justise Winslow played on) and has had those seats for years. He is the Head of Investment Banking at Citigroup

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Phag Barnes

[​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceGRVUjXqM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

etc. etc. Matt Barnes = Major Doucher

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm all for Dorsey getting five minutes and six hard hack a Barnes. And I hope for each one, he stands over Barnes doing the Degeneration X crotch chop.

I'd donate some money towards his fine if he did this.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just mind games. Really low cowardly version, but still, just mind games. he thinks he can play this better than Harden. We'll see.

If Harden gets distracted by this mom stuff and focuses more on Barnes than the task at hand (torching Barnes and everyone else with smart, hard-nosed plays), then Barnes has won.

What a low, low piece of filth though. How as a coach do you not sit a guy down and talk to him after that? I definitely wouldn't want a Rocket to talk that way to anybody's mother.

EDIT: yes, I had to think about it... but even John Stockton's mother.

1 person likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's true. 100%.

But Barnes, being the idiot thug that he is, may have just given the Rockets the little extra motivation they needed. This actually could be the best thing to happen to our team in a while. We'll see.

I still think Barnes needs to be fouled hard many times tomorrow night.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Barnes' goal in this series is to get Harden ejected or suspended. It's blatantly obvious. He will stoop to whatever lows to get there.

If the league can prove it (should be several witnesses) I think this is something that should be a major fine or suspension that should backfire.

This series has enough backlash to begin with. The league would be stupid to not get out front and say enough Matt Barnes. The guy is a sh$& player who models bush league tactics that will continue to be emulated by people who want to find a role on a team and know they aren't talented enough to survive otherwise.

And shame on Reggie Miller for actually praising this role on national TV. He should be punished for promoting that type of nonsense that has no place in sports.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's sad, either the Clips don't respect a team that had an identical record, or they are scared. Either way, they didn't pull this crap against San Antonio. This is our advantage, we need to probe it more.

16. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

not gonna lie, but if this is what it takes to fire up Harden, then good

17. Pete the Cheat

wow...I really need to start doing something with my life...

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol Matt Barnes...lol ok bro.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sam Cassell just gonna let that slide man?

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Seriously, he was praising him for doing the "dirty work," more like "dirty stuff." Reggie was driving me crazy last night. And I couldnt watch halftime, I just knew they would be trashing us.