1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Barnes is no Damn Phony: VICE Sports Meets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I've always been a huge fan of Matt Barnes but after watching this video, I'm an even BIGGER fan of him now.

If you're not a Matt Barnes fan now, you will be after you watch this video. It's amazing to see where he is now after seeing what he had to go though. You have to respect him now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_-f7-Q2l88

Did anyone else not expect to hear his voice sound like Carlton?

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Nice video. Kind of surprised about the Mo Cheeks - shooting practice exchange

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've never heard matt barnes speak before.....didnt expect that

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

No one likes Matt Barnes

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Ok after watching the video I'll take that back. Matt Barnes actually went through a lot of stuff and I guess his cockiness on the court is justified

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Could have sworn I've heard Barnes speak somewhere in an interview or on VH1, I don't remember him sounding like that.

Every time Barnes is on camera or is quoted in an interview he brings up that Mo Cheeks story. EVERY TIME. He makes sure everyone knows that story. It's hilarious.

I love Vice Sports. now if only they can upload that damn Canada Team video with Wiggins and company. I swear they have been saying that video is coming out for a year now.

Chuck Wagon sighting.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he does not like mo cheeks

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

His mom died of cancer and that is a shame but he was already in the NBA. Where was the part that impacted everyone so much? His dad didn't even bail on them.

9. Classic

Classic Member

still don't care for the guy
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ceGRVUjXqM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. Bruce

Bruce Member

Damn! This made me actually kinda like the guy for a few minutes.
    Maybe I should re-think my totally dislike of Matt Barnes as a human being and just keep it to Matt Barnes the basketball player.

11. CertifiedTroll

I heard this acronym that I think can be used to describe Barnes. POS

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

You think that's tough? You should have seen what Shane Battier had to go through going to an all black school......

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he has toned it down as of recently compared to his on the court antics when he was younger.

14. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Damn what's wrong with Mo Cheeks?

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, that was a cold story. Can't imagine what it's like to be an athlete and then getting told something like that by your coach.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

who knew coaches talked trash to their own players?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not too surprising..not all coaches get along with their players and heated exchanges occur

18. bushies

bushies Member

I always thought he was a fake tough guy. Something about him... he has a resting b**** face-type punchable look.

That said, I have way more respect for him as a person now after watching this. Definitely overcame a lot of adversity, and hearing him talk about the thin line between Europe and the NBA definitely rings true. There's tons of talent out there, really drives home the level of competition and being in the right place at the right time.

I guess this kind of exposé on athletes confirms we as fans don't know **** about them, regardless of how much we think we do because we watch them all the time. I still won't be rooting for him, especially on an up-and-coming rival.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I remember watching this. I wouldn't classify this as a "fight". Maybe a "tussle". Maybe.

20. Moleb

Moleb Member

To all those who never heard him before, or don't remember what he sounded like.....

What were you expecting him to sound like? >_>