1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Master Plan - Bosh this Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BuckeyeRocketFan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

I still want Bosh this offseason. What do you guys think about this being part of the Morey grand plan?

We sign and trade this offseason, Bosh for Battier, Jeffries, Hill, knicks 2012 1st rd pick, our 2011 1st rd pick (or NYK, whichever is better) and whatever other pieces parts needed to make it work?

The three we send will all be expiring contracts and they have a couple of other expiring on that timing so basically that might just open up enough room for TOR to sign a max guy in 2010 offseason. They would also have a bunch of picks to fit around a guy like that as well so it speeds up their rebuild if they don't think Bosh is their guy.

For us, it leaves us with Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Bosh and Yao which should be enough to get us to championship.

Any possibility or am I overvaluing a) the value of expiring contracts b) the power of a superstar to manipulate a situation and c) the jedi force of Morey?

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

This was my thought as well. You could sign & trade Scola along with Budinger and Jeffries for Bosh.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Even though that sounds like a great plan, I wouldn't see that happened.

If it would go down that way that would be so awesome though. We would totally ruin NY's master plan of pairing Bosh with Hames or Wade. Either way I don't see Wade or James moving from the respective teams.

Joe Johnson to NY by himself? I'd doubt it. :grin:

4. CKent

CKent Member

I think an offer for Bosh begins with Aaron Brooks and Scola in a Sign and trade. Picks and potentially another player like Bud will also likely be necessary. Any of those Knick picks should be more valuable to Toronto if they know Bosh is not an option in NY. Yeah its a lot to give up but afterward we can bring over Lull and maybe Lior to fill out the roster. Lowry becomes the starting PG which makes his salary a relative bargain. Expiring guys used to make the numbers match. We might be a little thin early but I would trust Morey to fill the holes. If Bosh goes to LA in a sign and trade that also helps us by limiting the Knicks FA potential. Either way we are in good shape.

5. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

You can't have two players that are both S&T in the same deal. S&T players have to be traded alone.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think the NBA would deport Morey to Mexico if that trade ever happened.

PG - Brooks/Lowry (re-sign)
    SG - Martin/Taylor
    SF - Ariza/ Budinger
    PF - Bosh/Scola (re-sign)
    C - Yao/Andersen/Hayes

Hmm, add in the draft picks and I'd say we have a pretty nice team...weak bench, but pretty solid team :grin:

7. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Morey continues to impress. Somehow lands Bosh AND Rubio in Houston!@!

8. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

i would like more amare

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Man........ I would........Jesus......

This is what I have been thinking also......

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I definitely think Morey will make a play for Bosh. It's been a while since we've been part of a good old-fashioned sign and trade.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Almost for sure Bosh will go in a sign and trade. IMO Bosh is the second best player in the free agent crop after Lebron. Again IMO Bosh is better than Howard. He will get max money. So that means either David Lee or Galinari is going to Toronto for Bosh but for toronto to do that deal they will certainly want a pick.

Surprise Knicks don't have much to offer. No pick this year. A late first round pick from Houston next year not very enticing. Sucks to be a knick. Houston on the other hand can offer their lottery maybe pick this summer plus Aaron brooks and battier who they have shown interest in. Plus if it's dealmaker they can throw in the knicks 2012 pick. That's alot to offer but not many can match and Bosh is that good.

The key is Bosh has to want to come here and if they don't accept he will just sign with the Bulls or Knicks. We are very much in the running if Bosh likes us.

If he doesn't than nothing else matters

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Bingo...those picks and the assets we have should make a sign and trade for Bosh VERY reasonable.

Side note - Bill Simmons just tweeted we are sleepers for Lebron after all the moves today.(NO JOKE)

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Correction- Master Plan-Stoudemire

for him we do a sign and trade. We offer our draft picks from this upcoming draft, battier, S&T scola, C-Bud, Jeffries too. Then we get back STAT plus brook lopez or Chandler Frye.

15. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

What did he said about being sleeper for Lebron? Can you give a short recap?

16. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

He mentioned we were longshots not sleepers...lol.

Mavs as sleepers for Lebron? hope not!

17. michaelconnor22

I just have to say bravo to you Daryl Morey. We are so lucky to have the best gm in all of sports, the guy is always planning ahead to his next deal and its pretty obvious he is going to make a big push to get a sign and trade done for Bosh because we will have the expiring contracts that Toronto would be intrested in and the draft picks as well. We should put some money together to get a big billboard near downtown to thank Daryl Morey for being the genius that he is.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Besides the guys that I bolded that would be one of the softest teams ever.

19. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

It's funny how this pic is in the Knicks arena too! LOL

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

It was a tweet about an hour ago but I can't copy and paste tweets at work. He basically outlined the favs for Lebron and then the sleepers, which we were included and then a longshot in the Lakers. Check out his tweets it should be about an hour ago.