1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Massenburg is a little cheap ass

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 29, 1999.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I was at the Cheesecake Factory in the Galleria when I saw Steve Francis and Tony Massenburg. I was with with about 8 friends, and most of us went up to Francis and asked for autographs. He gave it to all of us, and joked with us for a minute or two. He said he did not play tonight because he was tired. Then right next to me was Tony and some other dude (that new Gray guy maybe?). Tony was rude and cheap as hell. He orders two 20 dollar drinks and some dish with mushrooms in it. When he gets his dish, he kind of yells to the waiter to take "this
    ****" away. Then he complains about how he is being charged too much. Complains about his drink being way to expensive. This guy is making how many millions now? Francis was cool though. He even waived by to everybody before leaving.

2. Lainey

Lainey Member

If Francis was tired, what was he doing out after the game? What time was it?

3. davo

davo Contributing Member

Lainey - you sound like his mother! [​IMG]

FOr the record, Massenburg is only making a paltry $900,000 a year. No wonder he's cheap.

4. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I don't think it is the rookie wall, I think its the back spasms he has left the game early for the past couple of games.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You know those back spasms are a direct result of Rudy T's practices don't you?

Sarcasm.

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I'm much more concerned with Francis' attitude than with Tony's. Afterall, how long with Tony be a Rocket? Nevertheless, $20 is way to expensive for a drink whether you're a basketball player or not.

I don't much care for mushrooms either.

More importantly, I think Francis is at the rookie wall. His style of play is fierce, his size is small and the punishment for driving the lane is greater. Look for a lot of off nights for Francis, mixed in with some great highlight material.

7. R0ckets03

I saw him around 11 pm. He was getting food to go. Davo I hope you are being sarcastic. Massenburg might not be making millions, but 900,000 is no pocket change. And TB-Cain, just because a drink is expensive or you dont like mushrooms does not give you the right to insult a waiter in front of other people. Dont order the damn drink, and tell them to hold off on the mushrooms.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Great. Back spasms. We love to hear those words around here.

9. DamonP

DamonP Member

why are we jumping on tony now? so he was overcharged. no matter how much he makes does not give the restaurant the right to charge him more.

10. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

Who said he was charged more?

I oughtta check out this Cheesecake place. I've heard good things bout it just haven't gotten over there.

But about Tony, i hope the waiters spit in his damn mushrooms. How rude!

------------------
    "You know, its interesting..."
    --Calvin Murphy

11. 4CJ33

4CJ33 Member

I've heard things about the Cheesecake factory...as far as there deserts go: YUM. As far as their food goes: EEks.

No matter how much money you make, some of these prices nowadays are outrageous. But hopefully you LEARN from your experiences. Don't go back. Or at the most, not after a second try. (everyone has a bad day)
    but there is no reason to take it out on the waiter, that's for sure. I hate it when people do that, unless the waiter is obnoxious, too.
    I wonder if Tony is really a rude a$$. That would be such a shame. When the heck is he going to come back to play? It would be wonderful to see him do something GREAT. I bet he feels terrible inside having to sit there and watch his team go thru all of this.
    I hate it when a man can be so fine, and yet his attitude can just kill the whole effect. (works both ways, i'm sure)...so What's up with Tony? Hmmm...maybe he was having a bad day. Who knows?

12. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

Yeah, maybe just a bad day. I would be kind of mad and frustrated too if i had a nagging injury. No excuse to take it out on a waiter though. I thought he looked like a nice guy seeing him talk to Lisa Malosky and doing things for the community.

I like TMass's game. Although I haven't seen him play much, he did have some sweet baseline moves at the beginning to the season. Had a nice turnaround jumper. He may help us out, and give us some veteran leadership, but i don't see him staying with us after this season.

How many years are left on his contract anyway?

13. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Maybe he was having a bad day.... But, being rude still isn't right.

If you don't like the $20 drinks, then either go to Taco Cabana or don't BUY them, idiot.

I worked at a restaurant for 4 years, and I don't give a lot of slack to people who are rude to waiters.

What's dissapointing is that I was hoping to see a solid veteran contributor in Massenburg, but all I've seen so far is his arse on the bench.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

14. R0ckets03

He was not overcharged. He just thought he was being charged alot. Maybe next time he should look at the prices before ordering. I had the same waiter and he seemed nice enough to me. He might have been having a bad day, but still no reason to cuss out the waiter. Francis had a bad game that nite, but he was not rude. Another thing though. How come its illegal to sell tickets at face value. Me and my bro have season ticks but there were eight of us that nite. A cop told me I could not sell em' so I just yelled out loud "free tickets" and gave em to this couple. Damn that sucked!!!!!

15. R0ckets03

the dessert is not the only thing good there. Their food is the best also.

16. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

You guys are making me hungry.. Cheesecake factory. Yum. Yum. That is the best Restaurant. Their menu is like a 20 page book. So you have plenty to choose from. Plus they give you huge portions you always have left overs.

I recommend the following:
    Blackened Chicken Pasta.
    They also have the best Shrimp Po-Boy Sandwich.
    Grilled Skirt Steak is to die for!

17. R0ckets03

yeah the blackened chicken pasta along with the cajun steak are the two most delicious things you will ever eat. And isn't that Jeff Bagwell on the menu.

18. R0ckets03

the waiter even told me that Carter was their the day before the game. That Mobley comes often and even Charles comes sometimes.

19. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

TMass probly saw the waiter spit in his food - or worse! Drinks for $20? If they sucked I'd be pissed too. I'd steer clear from using the word "best" when you're talking about Mall food rockets3.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2sandwiches,

Shouldn't you be on a diet. I'd stay away from that cheesecake factory.