1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Moon Knight (Disney+)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 24, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I fully expected the Hippo Avatar and Leila.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is like a Nutella mixture.

Jontro likes this.
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally binged this show over last weekend. I really enjoyed it. It was nice that it felt disconnected from the other Marvel world, kind of doing its own thing. I wouldn't mind if this was only ever a one-off. The CGI was a little meh and I agree with whoever said they need to start incorporating more practical effects. It makes a huge difference. Oscar Isaacs was amazing and I actually thought Ethan Hawke was almost as good. He played the villain well in a way that felt very believable and real. Like Thanos. Not just mustache twirling.

There were a couple things that I thought were odd. I'll spoiler.
    As someone already mentioned, the whole "balancing the heart" thing kind of falls apart when you reveal that there is a third guy who is worse than the other two. I'm sure they can hand-wave that away but I was really thinking the reveal was going to be that Konshu himself was somehow taking over Marc/Steven's body during those violent sequences. Maybe even reveal that as a god he is not allowed to do that and create some potential conflict between him and the other gods for future seasons/movies. But there being a 3rd personality feels like a bit of a cheat with the way season 1 played out. It also felt odd how little time or thought any of the characters spent on this. Both personalities revealed that it wasn't them that brutally killed those people the 3 or so times it happened...so shouldn't they be trying to figure out how that happened?

One other nitpick...Ammit and Konshu are fighting as 100 ft tall creatures there in the finale. Do none of the others gods have any interest in stepping in? The trial hearing or whatever that was had for Harrow in the earlier episode seemed to indicate all the gods and their avatars very much wanted to keep Ammit imprisoned and would have stopped Harrow if they knew he was trying to release her. So why is it only Konshu that steps in to do anything when she starts to harvest all those souls? I imagine any explanation given would be some kind of hand-waving "the gods decided to not get involved" kind of thing. But that's silly since she IS a god and they all agreed she needed to be stopped. Anyway, felt like a bit of a plot hole.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

nothing is as good as nutella mixture. pls do not insult nutella

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hearts:

I take it as Jake isn't a fully realized 'person' in Marc Spector's body yet. So Steven and Marc have hearts, but Jake is sort of the mindless boogieman that does the dirty work. We see that he's kept locked up in the sarcophagus in the mental institution scenes, so he's not fully realized or accepted yet by the other two. So he has no heart.

Ammit & Konshu:

I know you're saying it's silly but the other god's avatars explicitly state that they are staying out of the affairs of mortals. That's the only reasoning I can think of. Only Konshu keeps doing his job as a god by of protecting the travelers of the night.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cant believe yall are nitpicking over the balancing the heart BS, lulz. Why even? Just make something up in your head that works, because, it's all made up.

Here you go.

They were balanced because they had no awareness of each other. Mark & Steven knew each other, they don't know Jake. There. I made something up. Suck it.

Balance deez, lulz.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You try balancing three nuts.

Ziggy likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I need to borrow Lance Armstrong

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Khonshu is selfish but I dig his figure nevertheless.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but they needed another episode to smooth out the finale and the post credit scene should have been in the regular show to explain
    Michael, Tito, and Jermaine
    Not just Michael and Tito

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I heard Michael had a secret DEEP VOICE.

tinman and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

All actors gave excellent performances. A+. There was weight. Well done. While the story was complex, the motivations and actions of the character were clear and linear. Nicley done. Liked the pacing and action through episode 5. I was in it.

Like the 3rd mystery character. Want to know more.

Not sure why he just doesn't give the body over when he asks for it. Seems like a no brainer. But I kinda get it.

Costumes were great. The final fight was ok, but there was no woo hoo moments. And I didn't quite understand how they pair and got back to the real world. Need to rewatch it.

Overall the performances carried the story for me. No need for action. I was pulled right through to the end emotionally.

Jontro, Xerobull and clos4life like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

finally got around to watching this series this week, and man, I loved it

9/10 - would watch again and recommend to a friend

I thought Oscar Isaac’s performance was incredible

I loved the dynamic between Steven Grant and Marc Spector…1 being the nerdy, goofy, sensitive guy, and the other being the stern, serious, no-nonsense former Marine and mercenary

when we find out how Steven was created…as a way to escape the trauma or childhood physical and mental abuse for something that wasn’t his fault…I loved it

and the ending…when we find out that Marc and Stephen aren’t alone :eek:

I really hope they do a S2…this was probably my favorite of the Disney+ Marvel shows so far

here’s my standing ovation

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

MOON KNIGHT Season 2 Rumored To Include Another Kang The Conqueror Variant

[​IMG]
    While Marvel Studios has yet to officially announce plans for Moon Knight season 2, a new report suggests the show would feature a noteworthy appearance from yet another Kang the Conqueror Variant...
    News
    JoshWilding | 3/14/2023
    Filed Under: "Moon Knight"Source: The Cosmic Circus

Despite being a little chaotic (which some might argue was fitting for a series about a character with multiple personalities), Moon Knight proved to be a fun ride when it hit Disney+ last year.

Oscar Isaac has made it clear he didn't sign a long-term deal with Marvel Studios but seems keen to reprise the role. As of right now, the official word is that Moon Knightwas a "limited series," but it would be baffling for that big Jake Lockley tease to be addressed in anything other than a second season.

The Cosmic Circus definitely seems confident that one is on the way, anyway, revealing that they've heard Kang will somehow factor into it.

This is almost certainly a reference to Rama-Tut, a Variant we first met in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania's mid-credits scene. In the comic books, he was a Kang that travelled back in time to Ancient Egypt and got stuck, making the best of a bad situation by ruling that period before fooling the Fantastic Four into freeing him.

With all signs pointing to Rama-Tut, The Centurion, and Immortus taking centre stage in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, Moon Knight season 2 would arguably be the perfect place to flesh out at least one of them.

Many fans were baffled by the decision not to include a Rama-Tut reference in the show's first batch of episodes, though Head Writer Jeremy Slater later revealed that there was a time the villain did receive at least a mention. That was cut for unknown reasons.

As always, it's best to take a rumour like this with a pinch of salt, particularly as Moon Knight hasn't been officially renewed as of yet. With Marvel Studios said to be looking to get back to quality over quantity, it's also hard to say where a second season could fit into the Multiverse Saga without further delays.

Reeko and Andre0087 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

hmmm, my interest is piqued

I liked the 1st season of this show

clos4life and Ottomaton like this.