1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Knight Wing.

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

So how much less shitty is this season compared to season 1?

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i enjoyed it

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Marvel tv has fallen off my radar as heaping piles of disappointment. I couldn’t or don’t remember finishing the 2nd season of JJ.

Netflix needs to reduce their episodes and make tight meaningful mini series’s (seri ?). The filler and bloat is getting in the way of telling good low budget story.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

JJ S2 was just okay. Luke Cage S2 has been very good. First episode of Iron Fist S2 was dope (I hated the first season), waiting to finish Luke Cage before I watch more Iron Fist.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I haven't sean LC s2, but I'll give it a chance.

Iron Moron should be a lot better when they give Rand a brain and use the actual training he supposedly learned and mastered.

I hate throwaway "teaser" seasons or gimmicks where the main characters feel lobotomized (Walking Dead). S1 of Iron Fist was just that where they promise "growth" and "action" backed by the goodwill of it's other Marvel shows.

It's very a low budget trick and a ******* waste of time when the quality of TV shows have upped their game.

I'll forget Defenders ever happened.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Eh, I think they just trusted a very stupid showrunner (for season 1), he's the same idiot that made Inhumans.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

Don't forget he also masterminded the last season of Dexter. This guy definitely has some dirt on people in Hollywood.

peleincubus and seclusion like this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I figured all I had to do was say "Inhumans" and people would be like "Ohhhh" didn't feel like I even needed to go there.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Just finished it, way better than season 1 but not as good LC season 2. Show left off on a cliffhanger, season 3 can either be really good or really bad.

I’d rank them:

1. Daredevil S2 - 10/10
    2. JJ S1 - 9.7/10
    3. Daredevil S1 - 9.5/10 (people would argue S1 is better than S2, i get that but its just imo)
    4. Punisher - 8.5/10
    5. LC S2 - 8/10 (Bushmaster was great)
    6. Defenders - 7.5/10
    7. Iron Fist S2 - 7.5/10
    8. JJ S2 - 7.2/10
    9. LC S1 - 2/10 (didn’t give it 1/10 bc of cottonmouth... who they killed off 5 episodes in)
    10. Iron Fist S1 - 1/10

#170 Obito, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Cotton Mouth
    I'd put Punisher as my #2
    Jessica Jones as my #4

Rocket River

Obito likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Daredevil is really the only two seasons that are good as a whole. All of the others just have good parts here and there.

Entropy and Obito like this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2 episodes in, so far it's been interesting and watchable. more action which the first season was lacking.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Joy needs to get a grip...she’s too damn grown to be acting like this

Danny has got to be the worst Iron Fist ever. How do u let something like that happen to u?

so far I like S2 better than S1 (it’s almost impossible for anything to be worse), but this isn’t anything great or anything that must be seen

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jessica Henwick Damn...

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Davos called him the worst Iron Fist ever. He was. I'm not sure why the idea of making him a super wuss with **** fight scenes was so enticing but that's what the first season was. (Considering he was supposed to have been someone that defeated a dragon and trained his entire life...)

After watching season 2, I liked it a lot. It still had problems but after the first season, I would have taken anything.
    It seems the Netflix shows lately start pretty slow and ramp up.

Pros:
    Alice Eve was dope. She started out over-acting a bit, but after the first 2 episodes she's awesome in every scene she's in.
    Davos is the MVP of this show, he's ****ing...awesome. He gets the best lines really.
    The fight scenes are much improved and in several cases, spectacular.
    The actor that plays Ward is probably the best actor on the show, even when he's being an ******* you want to like him. He kills it.
    The ending was interesting, albeit a little cheesy. (It did happen in the comics apparently, or something close to it...so I'm interested in seeing where they're going with it. It also redeems Iron Fist himself a bit.)
    Danny didn't say "I am the Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of Kun L'un, Sworn enemy of the Hand."

Cons:
    Danny didn't say "I am the Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of Kun L'un, Sworn enemy of the Hand."
    There are scenes that are just...cringy. There's a fight scene with Coleen in a Tattoo shop where they crank up some awful rock music -- the fight choreography redeems it, but still.
    I feel like you can tell the budget wasn't really there because a lot of action happens off camera. I'm guessing they were on a short leash after S1. (When the Iron Fist is used, it looks good but not consistent)
    In line with consistency...the Iron Fist powers seem inconsistent? In one scene it basically launches everyone everywhere, and another...it just kind of makes a thud? Maybe the punch was pulled but that didn't seem in line with the character.

My ranking of all the Netflix shows:

Tier 1 - (Go watch this ****):
    JJ S1 (There were some missteps, but David Tennant is hands down the best villain on any of these shows and that **** was genuinely creepy)
    DD S1 (Easily the best show of all of the Netflix shows. I want to listen to Charlie Cox monologue everything. The first 2 episodes is essentially a film. Kingpin is a great villain.)
    Punisher (Jon Bernthal IS Punisher)
    Luke Cage S2 (Yes, it was that good. Starts slow, but Bushmaster is awesome, great music, great story, great cast.)
    DD S2 (Would have ranked this higher, but they were trying hard to set up Defenders here. Punisher and Elektra are outstanding)
    Luke Cage S1 (It stumbles a bit after the exit of a certain awesome character, but I actually really liked Diamondback. He had some of the best lines in the show. Best music of all of the shows, it isn't close.)

Tier 2 - (If you're curious, I would still recommend them):
    Iron Fist S2 (Not great, but definitely above average. It's interesting, and fun. Especially if you like martial arts)
    JJ S2 (It wasn't bad at all, it was good. But after S1...it just was nowhere near as good)

Tier 3 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯:
    Defenders (I wish I could rank it higher, but...there was just something missing after how consistently awesome all the other shows leading up to it were)

Tier 4 - (It sucked, I hated it. I love Iron Fist so I watched it anyway. **** you Scott Buck.):
    Iron Fist S1 (We are going to tease that this dude fights a dragon all season, while you watch this emo...poorly choreographed...poorly written bullshit for like 11 episodes and then show you some red glowing eyes. Dude..****..Scott Buck.)
    (Ward, Davos, and Colleen are pretty awesome...man **** you Scott Buck)

#176 seclusion, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Reeko likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The girls are better than the dudes in S2

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Anybody notice the connections with the MCU? Sokavian death squad... Avengers 2?

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I thought that was really cool. In the comics, Earth-616 is the dimensional version of our planet where all these characters exist (since there's infinite dimensions/timelines) and Misty said that's the police code for an "enhanced" individual (someone with powers).

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

daywalker02 likes this.