1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Apparently this one is a stinker according to the first reviews that came out yesterday.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that would be so Clutchfansy.....

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I believe it. Those trailers look cartoony and awful. Looked like i was watching a CW superhero show.

seclusion likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When is the start date?

Rocket River

5. VanityHalfBlack

I still want to see how bad it is.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The 17th.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just read an article that had parts of a lot of different reviews. The impression I got was they all were just reviewing the first 6 episodes. If that's true perhaps the 2nd half of the season is better. I dunno

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I've watched some reviews on youtube saying the first 6 episodes are not great.. How do you mess up Super Ninjas..even for a moment?

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exact phrase I used whilst buying a ticket to see Matrix Revolitions. #MistakesWereMade

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Disappointing. When the Defenders lineup was announced I was more excited to see this than any of others. I'll be watching regardless, but I had high hopes.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, I did not like new Elektra and Nobu in 'DD'. Ninjas are overblown.

12. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Will check it out since I've seen the other 3 series but I had a feeling this might flop. All good superhero stories need super themes, not super powers to elevate the quality of work.

Daredevil did a great job of capturing perspectives when they gave Fisk, Punisher (and the other baddies) a humanized story. Much of Jessica Jones was about the concept of control rather than going around snapping dudes necks. Luke Cage revolved around stability and chaos in Harlem and its people.

I haven't seen the episodes yet but the trailers don't really give me that same sense of completeness. It just seems like a linear good guy beats up bad guys with special effects type thing. A re-hash of Arrow (Rich dude gone for a long time - Asian master?)

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've heard that Luke Cage and Iron Fist had a respectable comic book run. I guess I'd read that than watch this.

14. 713

713 Member

Yeah all the reviews I've read is that it's boring and slow paced in the first SIX episodes.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think alot of the backlash is that it falls into a trope that people are tired of. . . .
    I also think that have a backlash after the fiascos of THE ANCIENT ONE and THE MANDARIN

Rocket River

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I find it funny that so many are complaining that Marvel didn't change a character for the show. I mean, the character was always a white guy, yet they wanted him changed to an asian. The asian kung fu master isn't a stereotype at all.

I honestly wouldn't have cared one way or the other, but regardless of who they casted, people were gonna b****.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Based on the actual comments of the critics, I disagree. It seems as if both the production and pace are poor. That is a death sentence for critics. 14% on RT. OUCH!

18. Nero

Nero Member

That would be quite a trick if the pacing is actually worse than Luke Cage. That entire series was dreadful. Every scene, every actor behaved as if they were moving through molasses.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Came out today. been watching a little. Not as bad as the trailer or reviews led me to believe. Nothing special though. Worse than the other 3 shows so far.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Still need to catch up with Luke Cage but haven't mustered up the energy, even though I've heard the first half is decent. I don't know if I'll ever get through this one with the reviews it's getting......