1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] FX's Legion (2017)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2016.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

liked it much more. Much less of the audience not knowing whats real.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not into X-Men or any of the comic book related shows and movies...but this has just been a very good show thus far. I've never seen anything like it and I will definitely keep watching.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It wasn't a complete mind-bender like the premiere but it advanced the story line.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Second episode was boring to me; It was on in the background. I enjoyed the first episode because it was different, but after watching the second episode I don't know if I want to/can watch 8(?) more episodes of that kind of tripiness.

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

No, its a guy diagnosed schizophrenia but most of his visions and voices are turning out to very real

6. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

So David knew Lenny before they were locked up? Interesting tidbit I heard on a podcast, the character Lenny was supposed to be a male but Plaza's audition went so well (she was auditioning for Syd's character) that they changed the character to a female.

I didn't really like how David & Lenny just fell for each other just like that. I also don't like the fact that other than David, we know nothing about any other characters. We need back stories regarding the other characters.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The name "Legion" for the show makes no sense if he doesn't eventually show multiple personalities. It's a biblical reference - "I am Legion, for we are many."

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Fell for each other? She's gay and openly talks about finger banging girls

9. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Typo, I meant David & Syd.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Reverse for me. 2nd episode was better IMO.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

In the comic he is a schizophrenic where each personality has its own special power. I am not sure if they are going this route with the show.

London'sBurning likes this.
  12. Mr. Motiejunas

Didn't really like the first two episodes. Will revisit the series again once the season ends.

13. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

If the don't, it would be like having a show called Magneto, but changing it so the lead character has power to control wet noodles, but no magnetic power at all, but still calling the show "Magneto". Or including x-man "Cyclops", but make it so he shoots separate and discrete beams of energy from each eye. The name "Legion" effectively means "a multitude" or "a horde".

If they make him an "army of one", so to speak, they should have changed the name. It's not like anybody's even called him anything but "David" to this point. I'm sure I'm the only person on the planet, but solitary David Haller in a show called Legion will eventually annoy me to the point of distraction.

#33 Ottomaton, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I don't think he's a schizophrenic at all. He just did not understand his powers or how to use them (a common trait amongst X-Men)

The voices he continously hears that have been shown (Melanie Bird, his sister, possibly the man with yellow eyes, Someone associated with the Eye or other X-Men) are possibly all mutants..good or evil who've known for sometime of his powers and are trying to use them for good or bad.
    Obviously Bird and her allies have the ability to be inside his memory from the "memory work" and I'd assume the "talking work" is where Bird, Syd, etc can communicate with him through telepathy..not even Syd realized she could communicate with him from her thoughts.

I take the name Legion as David, Syd, his sister, Melanie Bird and the X-Men she's guiding all being able to tap into a synchronicity of one.

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The biggest thing I don't understand is the vapor scene with Lenny, that seems like a memory of something that didn't actually occur. I know he's being an unreliable narrator from what I've read (similar to Elliot in the early part of Mr. Robot S.2)

But I can't imagine both of them knowing each other prior to being at the hospital.

I think Syd could have already been with Bird prior to the hospital and faked a mental illness with the intent of getting close to David and recruiting him into the X-Men, real feelings or not

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Multiple personalities and being schizophrenic is pretty important to Legion's character in the comics. Don't think they will cut that out of this show.

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I haven't seen anything in the first two episodes that resembles multiple personalities, he may be diagnosed schizophrenic and could certainly be perceived that way by the outside world but all of his visions and voices are very real, so I think thus far his diagnosis is false

19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

In the comics, apparently the first multiple occurs when he kills a terrorist in self defense, tjen freaks out and "absorbs" the dead guy with his telepathy.

Seems a whole lot like how they are setting up Lenny, especially if all the voices and halucinations are "real", as Ms Doctor Good guy claims and you posit.

#39 Ottomaton, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lenny is one of his personalities imo shes not real. Shes his chaotic personality. Selling the stove for drugs in the memories and inhaling the vapor. Then being in the hospital is not consistent in her being real. David is going to have multiple who we think are real are just his personalities.