1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Daredevil

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

JFC no one is allowed to have any criticism of the show. Is this a Daredevil safe space or a discussion thread? Get some thicker skin ladies.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Criticism: "I didn't like this show, for reasons (a), (b), and/or (c)."

Trolling: "These are the worst actors ever."

I'll let you figure out which is acceptable and which isn't.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

You still haven't answered my question - which character has Marvel screwed up, TV or in the movies, to make you think they will mess up Punisher?

And the last time I checked, the show is titled "Daredevil," not "The Punisher." There's no need to go through an origin story for the guy because he needs to be a foil (of sorts) for Murdock.

Off topic though, a Punisher movie or show would sound pretty boring, imo. I don't know the character that well, but no regards for the law, and just shoots people because he's angry all the time? And he has a van. Seems uninteresting.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Have you not seen the fan made short "Punisher: Dirty Laundry"? It's great.

5. Bandwagoner

I thought you would understand Punisher is the only character I remotely care about. If your argument is MCU can do no wrong I would retort with The Incredible Hulk, both Thor movies and a certain show I'm not allowed to talk bad about in this safe space.

Yep, was very good. I am not convinced MCU does dark well though. They should probably stick with joss whedon wit and also shorten the movies. Avengers 2 was way bloated.

#205 Bandwagoner, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They were mediocre movies, the first Captain America was a mediocre movie as well. But the characters were adapted very well from the comics.

If you didn't like DD and JJ then fine, you probably won't like season 2 either. But The Punisher is gonna be the Punisher. He's a cool character, but a very thin one that is kind of hard to screw up. I'm not sure what aspect of his character you expect to be missing.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Marvel villains in general, are pretty one-note. But Thor, the character, was fine in both movies. Hulk with Bana was bad. Hulk with Norton was pretty good.

I just feel like you should watch DD for Punisher, and see how Marvel does, bringing the character to the silver screen. If you were really such a big fan of Punisher, you'd give it the season a shot, instead of already criticizing the show for including the only character you remotely care about.

Out of curiosity, why do you only like Punisher and no other superhero?

8. Bandwagoner

The skin is so thin and delusion so high in here. How exactly should I have worded this to show excitement that Frank Castle was front and center in the poster? In what way did you read that as I am angry they included him?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL! Yup.

Looks like the fan boys in here could use plenty of...

[​IMG]

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they've never had a good Punisher on screen. It's never translated well from the comics.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Netflix is developing a Punisher series.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/16/the-punisher-series-netflix-spinoff-jon-bernthal/

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-punisher-series-in-early-development-at-netflix/

‘The Punisher’ Spin-Off Series in Development at Netflix

Posted on Saturday, January 16th, 2016 by Ethan Anderton

When Netflix started their relationship with Marvel Studios, their slate was quite ambitious. The streaming service struck a deal for series adaptations of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, all leading up to an assembly of The Defenders. However, it sounds like one more Marvel series may enter the equation, and it’s all because of the second season of Daredevil.

Jon Bernthal will be playing Frank Castle, aka The Punisher, in the second season of the first Marvel series to debut on Netflix, and apparently the streaming service and Marvel are so happy with the character that they’re already developing a spin-off series for the vigilante. Find out more below!

TV Line was the first to report on The Punisher series, but it sounds like it’s still early in development. After all, the second season of Daredevil doesn’t premiere on Netflix until March, so we have some time before fans get to know Bernthal as The Punisher. But the buzz behind the scenes on Bernthal’s take on the character has been pretty positive, and that’s why there’s talk of him getting his own series.

The Punisher is one of those Marvel characters that fans have wanted to see enter the Marvel cinematic universe for awhile. Many hoped it would be on the big screen, but putting the grittier character in the more grounded, intimate settings of the TV shows on Netflix is probably a smarter move at this point. And since all the Marvel Studios projects share a universe, he can always come to the movie world eventually.

As for what you can expect from this new version of The Punisher, EW recently spoke with Bernthal about the character, and this is what the actor said about how he sees Castle:

“As a man who put his on the line and really went through the ultimate sacrifice for this country in his involvement in the military. He’s a guy who brought the war home with him [in] the worst possible way. There are a lot of iterations of this character and in all of them it’s a man who’s gone through this unbelievable trauma and what’s interesting about our take on him is how this trauma reshapes his own philosophy.”

And it sounds like the character will be just as dark as fans want him to be. Bernthal also said:

“With Frank, what was important was the emptiness inside him. He’s dealing with this unbelievable loss. There’s unbelievable anger and hatred and shame. There’s a sense of responsibility and as a father and husband, if I were to lose my family on my watch … I had to put myself in as dark of place as possible the last six months.”

We’ll see just how dark The Punisher gets when the second season of Daredevil starts streaming on March 18th. In the meantime, stay tuned to see how quickly The Punisher series comes together at Netflix.

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Great news. Marvel and Netflix have been hitting it out of the park.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I get that the movies are lighter than the series' on Netflix, but man, I'm already burnt out with all the moodiness of Marvel on Netflix.

I wish they would adapt a more light-hearted series. It's such a grind watching these gloomy ass shows.

14. Bandwagoner

Agent Carter is starting up again soon. Much better show than Daredevil.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but Agent Carter is damn fun. I really enjoy that show. I don't know if it is better than Daredevil, but if I had a choice, I would choose to watch Agent Carter.

16. Bandwagoner

Not sarcastic at all. I wish they would have made an entire season of that show instead of 8 episodes. Much more fun to watch and the girl has huge cans. I don't think Marvel does dark very well.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

There is a Punisher movie, and it is really good.

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If these B grade actors were any good, they and the show would be on big screen instead of toiling about on Netflix.

Harsh reality.