1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Daredevil Season 2 (Neflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Any "nice" scenes with the Night Nurse worth watching? TIA

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the season had a brief lull in the middle, but it's a fairly brief one IMO.

What's cool about this is that really this is still an origin story, in the entire first season, Kingpin wasn't really the Kingpin that fans knew from the comics, he was a lot softer. In the 2nd season, he's starting to turn into the Kingpin everyone knows while being ruthless in prison. It's pretty awesome to see IMO.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The opening of S2E4. Oh wow!

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have completed it . . . .
    I must say . . . it was good!

Rocket River

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finished this over the weekend. Must say it was a fantastic season. WAY better than season 1. I'll put the rest in spoilers.

Really enjoyed the mystical threat of The Hand as opposed to a big fat guy with weird speech mannerisms who looks like Humpty Dumpty in a prison jumpsuit.

Nailed the Punisher. Loved every single thing about him. Elektra was pretty good though I felt she was a little uneven. I mean, she's clearly more of a true psychopath than Punisher, but Matt gives her waaaaay more slack. She admits multiple times that she enjoys killing and you can see it in her face on the flashback when they confront the guy that killed Matt's father. She's nuts. She's a sadist. That Daredevil falls in love with her and risks his life to save her (he clearly never believes in whatever power they ascribe to the Black Sky) just felt off to me.

But really that was my only complaint. Action was top notch (stairwell scene and prison scenes were obvious highlights). Acting was great. We got less Foggy this season (I think), which is a good thing. Karen is still uber hot and I'll be curious to see where they go with Claire next season.

Question: If The Hand is capable of just resurrecting people...why did they need to get Elektra at all? Couldn't they have just found and resurrected the little kid that Stick killed in the first season? I suppose it is possible Stick somehow disposed of the body of that kid...but that whole thing from last season kind of felt like a disconnect since Stick had no qualms about killing that kid but protects Elektra for a solid decade+ after he realizes she is a Black Sky. I kind of feel like they hadn't really fleshed out the rules of the Black Sky and The Hand last season when they threw that in there.

I really hope season 3 doesn't have a return of Kingpin. I was different than most in that I never really cared for D'Onofrio's portrayal and I felt like this season's villains were WAY better.

Also, I guess because the lawyer hiring Foggy didn't have a scarred up face, that kind of gives us an idea of the timeline of this season with regard to Jessica Jones? This shared universe thing is kind of tough because it now seems silly that all this Daredevil season 2 madness was going on and nobody on season 1 of Jessica Jones acknowledged it. I guess they can only share so much...

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Watching the last 2 episodes tonight, I definitely felt like this season was an improvement over the first. I couldn't stop watching. There was a brief lull around episode 6 or so, but the train was just making a brief stop.

Bernthal (sp?) is perfect as Punisher, I really liked what they did with Elektra, and so on. Really the character who has suffered the most from having these impressive, well acted characters around him is Daredevil. He's come off as pretty unlikable this season. Hopefully he redeems himself. Charlie Cox does a great job.

7. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Did it seem odd to anyone else that they did the whole "ninjas masking their heartbeats" as a way to effectively neutralize Daredevil? I mean, hearing heartbeats is nice and all, but the source of a heartbeat doesn't tell you where someone's arms and legs are. So clearly he was already "going deeper" than just listening to hearts. Same with breath, too. That bit felt a little out of place.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is sad how much better Daredevil is than AoS.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When you only have to do 13 episodes, are allowed to show very adult content, and are no way beholden to the film universe it's a lot easier to tell a great insulated story. Agents of Shield has a ton on handcuffs that the Netflix shows don't.

The second half of the first season of AOS was as good as the Netflix series, if they had been allowed to do a short season instead of stalling and filler until Winter Soldier came around, it would have gotten universal acclaim. It's almost impossible to be a critical darling having to fill a 23 episode season.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I see no reason AoS can't do 13 episode story arcs. It was their show runners decision to bring in a lot of characters and show everyone every episode. They talk about breaking off Hunter and Mockingbird into their own series when they could have easily had mini-arcs with them in AoS. I suspect AoS will get a lot better soon as I think they have pretty much developed their main characters. Just because you have to wait on some shows, it doesn't mean you can't create a nice mini-arc here and there.

On adult content...it does help out JJ and DD, but AoS doesn't need it to be good.

The film series isn't using AoS that much any more. As such, AoS has the same ties to the films that the Netflix series at this point. And on the films, the tie to Winter Soldier dramatically helped AoS as I did enjoy the second half of season 1 even though I think DD and JJ have been better.

11. conquistador#11

the hot older lawyer that was lesbianing with her hot paralegal:p

they forgot to close the dog Max's story. he was obviously important to pun. Karen or foggy should have adopted him. This is like the 5th show in a row that i've watched that minimizes the lives of dogs. racist hollywood. So is netflix going to do a punisher show? more deserving than iron fist in my very bias opinion.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

No problem. I honestly don't know about this season. I think I saw in a preview that the ninja guy comes back, but I lost interest in the show around S01E11 and haven't considered finishing it.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're overthinking it.

The dog thing annoyed me too. I'm going to pretend he lives happily ever after. I'm sure the next time we see Punisher he'll have him.

As a side note I finished the season, and really enjoyed all of it. It wasn't perfect, and there were some plot holes but over all I think it was great. Very true to the comics, and I'm still really looking forward to season 3 (not to mention Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders).

No interest in any of the ABC shows. While I find some of the plotlines on AoS interesting I'm not willing to sit through actually watching those shows. I'll read the wiki later...

#93 seclusion, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Question on the last (or second to last) episode...

The shack where Punisher kills the Blacksmith. Where he finds all that gear and arsenal. Who's was that? Was that the Blacksmith's shack? I feel like it wasn't very clear.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Last season he was whiney and in the way
    This season he really comes into his own

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

He has something similar to Sonar
    Which helps alot

In fact . . he has the better senses [outside of eye sight] than wolverine
    (Smell, can read a book with his finger tips based on the ink being raises off the page)

Rocket River

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm guessing that has something to do with the disc he grabbed from his place labeled "Micro". It almost seemed like it was his own the way it was cut, but that wouldn't make much sense -- considering he didn't seem to know where things were.

#97 seclusion, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I missed that

It makes more sense now. . . . MICRO is the Punisher's supplier/Side Kick.
    Micro is a hacker / Weapons maker if I recall properly
    He is to the punisher was Foggy is to Daredevil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_(comics)

Rocket River

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Couple of questions / thoughts, post ep 12, pre final ep.

So...what exactly is the "Black Sky" inside Elektra? Is it just that she'll "transform" into a ruthless killing machine? Again, just finished ep 12, but the way she didn't side with the Hand was a little too easy; almost anti-climactic. Is this revealed in the final episode?

What happened to those scary-as-hell kidnapped kids that were drained of blood? That scene with them in the hospital with Night Nurse was freaky, but I guess I forgot what happened to them when the Hand kidnapped them back. lol. They didn't really explain them; seemed like that scene was just there for shock value.

I felt like the writers made Cox a bit too conservative in certain scenes. I'm not sure how Murdock's personality is in the comics, but there were two instances in which I felt as though Cox could have been written to lose his temper - vigilante discussion with Karen and arguing in apt with Foggy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Cox's acting. I just feel like an angry Murdock would have been eyebrow-raising. In a good way.

I totally missed that. What episode was that in? I just got finished with ep 12, and I was totally going to ask about that in my spoiler'd post above.

I still don't really get it. Castle seemed surprised that there was a hidden compartment with all those guns. The cinematography of zooming in on his finger (itchy trigger finger, literally) suggested that he was seeing the plethora of weapons for the first time.

20. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I think they were all the Blacksmith's guns. Which explains his surprise. But it also adds a nice layer to it since that's the moment he becomes the Punisher by taking over the arsenal of the guy most responsible for his families' deaths and using it for his war.