1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They don't call her by name but they seem to indicate that she will be known as the Night Nurse but it based on blogs etc.
    She is playing the same character in both
    i.e. You're not my First

Rocket River

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not officially from what I've heard. Marvel film division is still pissed at the Marvel TV division about Coulson's death being retconned and have claimed Night Nurse. Therefore, Marvel TV is having another character that is a night nurse to fill in where they had originally wanted to use Night Nurse.

3. conquistador#11

we're led to believe that this chick has amazing hardcore sex but she never takes off her bra? yeah ok.

Other than that, it's fantastic!

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

She refused to do so.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you're hardcore like her, you can get away with it.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She is so intense that she does not need to take off anything to make it look like it's a bonafide nude scene.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I see where you're coming from. As an ass man more than a boobs man, was hoping to see her butt. But even in the first episode where she's in her apartment and getting ready for bed, she takes off her jeans and just when you're going to get a butt shot in her panties, the camera angle changed.

I get it though. She wants to be taken seriously as an actress and not just a piece of ass. She's pulling an Emilia Clarke.

It ain't her beauty. It's her booty.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The sex scenes were too much for a comic book. Not even sexy but 1 part uncomfortable 1 part weird. Another aspect of the series they tried to throw in their feminist BS and failed.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Overall I liked this series a lot less than Daredevil.

It tried too hard to be "edgy" and "gritty" in all the wrong places.

1 person likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Finished series finally. End was better than DD. Loved how they potrayed Kilgrave.

Luke Cage was well done, but not used to support story that much.

With as much as Kikgrave did, have a hard time that DD would not have been impacted. Also, nurse should have called in DD. She was too trusting too quick.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just finished it. Almost every episode felt very slow; seemed much longer than an hour. I preferred Daredevil, but it was still decent.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Just finished it earlier today.

I enjoyed it. Ritter was good in her role. Count me in as another one that was surprised at the amount of sex in the beginning but it wasn't that big of a deal. I liked Kilgrave too. MFer was creepy as hell.

Compared to Daredevil, it falls a little short. Daredevil had a lower middle, but I thought it started and ended strong. Wilson Fisk was pretty cool and that 'good samaritan' speech was damn chilling. The best monologue in the Marvel universe imo.

I'm glad Jessica finally found some new jeans at the end.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Re: Kilgrave

I've read almost universal praise for him on reviews of this series. I read a review that declared him the best villain in the MCU. I've read that he was terrifying, creepy, scary, etc. But I didn't get that when watching him. He seemed to me a spoiled 14 year old boy in a man's body.

Now, was that a good way to portray him? Probably. Was it necessary, given the scope and budget of the show that he not have great ambitions? Almost definitely yes. But it didn't make him a great villain necessarily. He was a good foe for season 1 of this show, but not an all time great villain. Kingpin, for example, was better in every way IMO.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

??? These sentences seem contradictory considering his power. He wasn't out to control the world....he just wanted to satisfy his base desires and he had the power to do that. A typical spoiled 14-year-old boy that could satisfy his base desires at a whim without consequences (except for just going after the wrong person) is typically the epitome of creepy unless you don't find serial rapists creepy...not to mention that he had no problem having men die in the quest for satisfying his pleasures.

The character was well done. Loki, Kingpin, and Kilgrave are the top three villains in the MCU to me so far for entertainment purposes. Kilgrave is much more interesting than Lash, Thanos, Ultron (he would have been an excellent AoS villain...if only MCU film and MCU TV were working together).

#114 Joe Joe, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, I think that's what made Kilgrave great was how small his ambitions were. His only real goal was getting the one thing he couldn't have, and he genuinely thought his actions we're the best way to get it.

The villains in these Netflix show have to be smaller in scale, because if they are some world threatening supervillian it makes it hard to justify not having any of the Avengers involved. Plus the powers of the characters are really small potatoes.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would not consider Kilgrave's power small potatoes...his goal just wasn't global and he had no reason for it to be. He had no reason to put in the work to rule the world..he got everything he desired, but JJ.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He was juvenile bordering on silly at times. It was different and not necessarily bad, but I didn't find him to be scary.

And yes... much better than Lash. But AoS is pretty bad.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Why wouldn't he be juvenile? Why wouldn't he be silly? People show maturity because they have to do things to survive long term. He has no reason to work at anything until JJ resisted him.

First and foremost, he is a psychopath. That doesn't scare you. So be it. The reasons you cite besides him not scaring you seem to be what makes him a good villain for the rest of us.

#118 Joe Joe, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Reminds me of one of the creepiest villians of all time . .. . . .

[​IMG]

Rocket River

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Right. It makes sense he would be juvenile. I'm not saying they portrayed the character wrong. But him being so immature and short sighted is why Jessica Jones was pretty much always a step ahead of him, and why I never felt he was a credible threat to her. And FWIW, I'd say most villains are some sort of psychopath, so that alone doesn't really stand out.

He was a good foe for season 1 because this season was more establishing the hero.