1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

FANTASTIC is capitalized. Hmmmm

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's clobbering time?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMH - the Hatred for the Panther is real for some . . . . . .. . ..
    LOL

Marvel has an unbroken string of hits . . . . . even their worse movies are pretty damn decent

Rocket River

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

That's because Marvel fans incredibly easy to placate. Even the most trite films (ant man, dr strange, etc...) are applauded.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's like pop music. You may not respect Britney Spears' music but her bank account and multi-platinum records are unarguable.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm too old. Just seems like yesterday that Marvel was getting laughed at because there was no chance they could build a franchise out of B-list super heroes like Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. It isn't only the Marvel fans going to see the MCU movies.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At the time, X-Men and Spiderman seemed liked the only mainstream heroes due to popular cartoons & comics. Batman's brand was poisoned post-Keaton, Superman (with Singer) was fine by critics but didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel, and people assumed Iron Man would be another Daredevil.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't tell that to embittered DC fans
    They still Stanning
    They are mad cause Marvel remembers movies are suppose to be entertaining

They also equal humorless soulless blunt hammer handed attempts at making a point . . . . are 'grown up' movies
    [​IMG]
    DC Fans

/Snark
    /Jokes

Rocket River
    LOL!!!
    :)

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks for this. Some people just don't seem to get it. There aren't enough Marvel fans to pay the $14 billion in receipts MCU movies have generated so far.

MCU movies are mostly very good. Fox has done OK. Not so much for Sony.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. droxford

droxford Member

The corner-cutting in Black Panther was certainly disappointing (at times, the CGI was terrible). But the stupidity of some elements just ruined it for me:

1. So... vibraium is a super metal?... that can also grant super panther powers?....and can heal wounds? ...and can power kitten-shaped blasters? I bet it can also save me 15% or more on car insurance.

2. So.... the Wakandans have technology to visually shield an entire city?.... and completely heal a bullet wound to the spine in an hour? ...but they haven't shared this tech with the rest of the world? What a bunch of assholes.

3. I can suspend disbelief to think that T'Chala with super Black Panther powers could get stabbed and thrown off a cliff and survive (as Capt. America has done with his super powers).... but T'Chala's powers were removed for the challenge battle. If he doesn't have super powers, he can't get his ass kicked, get stabbed in the gut, and thrown over a cliff and survive. Even in the world of fantasy, that just doesn't work.

4. The Wakandans can put saddles on rhinos and ride them into battle? That's just stupid

Bobbythegreat and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

DC has put out straight up garbage like Suicide Squad and Batman vs. Superman

casting Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luther was an epic fail, and so was that joke of a Joker by Jared Leto in Suicide Squad

like I said earlier, Marvel is giving DC a wedgie right now, after Infinity War it will be a full on beatdown

[​IMG]

12. dmoneybangbang

And the worst part for these recent Marvel movies, I never feel the main character is in any real danger. How about we have a movie where they lose or get set back heavily?

I imagine Infintity Wars kills off some folk(s) but it’s taken too long.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

What is stupid about this? People that believe themselves to better in every way behaving like xenophobic jerks seemed very real to me. I liked that both the villain and the hero were fighting to change these traditions in different ways.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I believe the Avengers will lose Infinity War. With that said you can say you didn't feel T'Challa was in danger but
    he was essentially murdered in front of his family in the middle of the movie. I'm just saying...

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother you are not too old
    You are too real

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I haven't been following this that much. Are these movies supposed to have Galactus and the other cosmic beings also fight Thanos? Or is Hawkeye and others going to take him?? If so that's pretty cheesy.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL. Hell alot of Americans don't want the rest of America to have affordable medical care

Rocket River

Phillyrocket and Jontro like this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

1. From my understanding, the meteor hit (millions of years ago, according to the opening scenes) and mutated the vegetation around Wakanda. That's where the heart shaped herb derived from. It was also referred to as the anti-metal in the comics, as it possessed the power to melt through any other metal.

2. Um, YEAH! Didn't you see what Claue was attempting to do with the vibranium he stole and also what Ultron was planning with it? If it were to fall in the wrong hands, the whole world could be at stake. Apparently T'Challa feels differently so he's not an *******, his father may be a different story.

3. You can't be serious. So you think Bucky falling off a cliff into a ridged ice filled canyon and only losing one arm is believable? Again, this is a comic based movie. There have been plenty of other more surrealistic plot points in the other Marvel movies. You really believe Tony Stark is keeping shards of metal from creeping into his heart with an arc reactor sitting in his chest. C'mon bro, that's weak.

4. Yes, just like alien beings called Chitauri ride on gliding hover boards around Manhattan in Avengers out of a f***in wormhole thru space.

Get over yourself dude. It's a good movie that is based on comic book beings. The points you bring up aren't really that unbelievable when you think about what you're watching and what you will be watching in a little over a month.

seclusion likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No Fantastic Four's rights are still owned by Fox, therefore, no Galactus or Silver Surfer.

Unless RDJ's "FANTASTIC" tweet above has more to it. As speculated by some.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

For 1 and 2, I mentioned in the Black Panther thread that vibranium just seems too OP and full of deus ex machina magic powers. It's a wonder element with unlimited potential when applied. The Wakandans have studied it for thousands of years. They should know by now its limited properties and that should be defined for plot purposes. Otherwise, yeah, it can get turned into crappy deus ex machina.

3. I mostly agree with you, but I certainly see his point of view. Taking away the Black Panther powers is supposed to make T'Challa more mortal for that succession challenge. It didn't really do that. We also know that T'Challa will survive as the protagonist and he's in Marvel's next movie. It's a logical plot point that most viewers won't have an issue with, but there's a logical fallacy within the plot of the movie.