1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movies] Fantastic Four 1 & 2 & Doctor Doom (MCU)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 7, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Even with FF being one of my favorite comics I never felt Doom was this crazy powerful villain, it seems they powered him up since I stopped reading, but he was never superhuman powerful from what I remember.

Don't thin he needs to be god level but he has to be very powerful to be a good big bad for a movie to work.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In the Marvel Universe he was always among the most powerful villains because he was considered one of the most intelligent characters combined with the fact he wielded the ability to use magic. He was a scientist almost on Reed Richards' level, as well. There were times he used all this to become crazy powerful. Like when he took the Beyonder's power, when he almost became Sorcerer Supreme, etc. Pretty much anything where magic and mind are combined, he's elite-level in the Marvel Universe. The problem with him is, he often uses his intelligence, magic, and other powers to steal cosmic and multiverse-level powers briefly from others, and for one reason or another, eventually loses them. No idea what they're going to do with him in the MCU, though.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Great synopsis, his acquiring said cosmic level powers were always a bit convoluted IMO.

Will be interesting to see what they do with him.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I won the lotto on the MCU panel at D23. Maybe I'll be among the first to see this DR DOOM in REAL life.

I saw THANOS 2 or 3 D23's ago. Josh Brolin is TINY in person.

Xerobull likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can you pLeASe complain to Feige why Marvel so woke it's bwoke???

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I'd prefer DOOM but open. Doesn't seem like the type to want to get tied down to a franchise for 15yrs (aware of star wars) though. But who knows. I said the same about Fassbender when he was getting going and it turns out, he' all about that $$$ too.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It seems like this whole multiverse saga is just filler with B squad heroes to set the stage for FF and Xmen in a logical way.

Are we going to do this all over again when they buy the rights to make Hulk/Namor standalone movies from Universal or get the full spiderverse from Sony?

10. Xerobull

You’re right in a way. The Avengers A-Team actors aren’t getting any younger or cheaper. But really, the Avengers weren’t the top dog sales wise in the comics back in the day. It was the X-Men all day long. I would be ok with Marvel recasting them all to keep their adventures going. Don Cheadle was bad casting imo anyway.

From what I understand, they can’t release standalone movies with the Fox stuff until 2025, hence the multiverse stuff that will bring in those older XMen (and other) actors for their big farewell.

Iirc, Hulk may be reverting to marvel at some point. I hope that’s the case because there’s so much backstory for The Hulk.

I don’t see Sony parting with Spider-Man any time soon. It’s a massive source of revenue for them.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So they must have hit the breaks on the Disney+ Kylo Ben prequel.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How dare you.

Don Cheadle can't be bad casting in anything.

I admit he was just there, but he did not have much to work with IMO.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I get what you mean about the Xmen vs Avengers thing but my point was more about side kicks and smaller characters getting their own movies and TV shows. Even if a character has a larger profile in the comics if they were viewed as a sidekick on screen for years audiences just won't connect with them the same way. I think they planned for Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther to carry this saga. Now, Boseman has passed. Cap Marvel didn't resonate with the base. And, will Chris Hemsworth is looking to take a break (probably from PEDs) after finding he has the genetic predisposition to Alzheimers.

Yea, I agree with the Don Cheadle comment. He's a great actor but the only reason people accept him in that role is because they don't know who War Machine is supposed to be.

If this ends up being a big universe reboot they're wasting the comic book ace in the hole too early. I don't think people will take well to an Avengers reboot this early. I think you gotta wait 12-15 years post endgame for there to be a new generation that doesn't have that connection to RDJ and co.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

All we need is Deadpool

15. Buck Turgidson

But now he comes with a Jackman, right?

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yea - that geezer is coming.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't buy this. If they want they could just get Fox to license the characters out now, some other way.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Driver seems more like a Doom to me, but i guess with a character like that, his face is going to be hidden always so not the same as others who get to take it off. Driver probably wants to be seen like any other A lister.

jiggyfly likes this.