1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movies] Fantastic Four 1 & 2 & Doctor Doom (MCU)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not really a fan of Watts.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Have you seen this movie? Perhaps because I have a dad that never gave one f*ck about me I connect to stuff like this more. But I thought this movie was pretty damn good.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What it say? Nobody has time for these vids.

Bandwagoner, clos4life and jiggyfly like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't worry, they just released its sequel a few minutes afterwards. Keep up.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

[​IMG]

ROXRAN and Xerobull like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i watched the whole thang. i gotchu breh.

chris evans finna do human torch and errbody in the avengers finna be confused seeing cap on fire

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I mean this, for the Serious Comic People: do yall really care about of the Fantastic4?

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes. if marvel can make good movies about galaxy guardians and weak heroes like blek falcon and winter soldier, they would kick ass with the four fantastics. let's hope they get the casting right, bring back cap as fireman and add tom cruise somehow.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Reed Richards and Dr Doom are important. And Galactus and Silver Surfer if you count them as F4. The rest don't matter.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had no idea the FF was in the latest Strange movie. don't know how much I like Krazienski as RR but he does look the part I just can't separate him from The Office guy.

I am more excited about a FF marvel movie than anything previous I was always more of a FF guy than Avengers and loved the team-ups.
    Yes.

The Fantastic4 was right up there with Avengers there is a reason they went with FF as one of the 1st superhero movie.

clos4life, Slyonebluejay and Xerobull like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The thing is very beloved I would say he is more liked than Reed Richards who was 3rd at best popularity-wise.

clos4life likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Beloved? If you're going off "beloved" then yeah, nobody likes anyone from F4. Lulztz. I was referring to their importance moving the stories forward.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes. Not specifically for the Fantastic Four, but some of the best storylines in Marveldom is tied around cosmic-level characters that are tightly-woven around the Fantastic four sometimes. Galactus, The Watcher, Doctor Doom, Skrulls, etc. are all huge in the Marvel Universe, but I'm sure the MCU will screw them up. One of the greatest story arcs in all Marvel Comics was Secret Wars that involved Doom and FF. The one reason I collected Fantastic Four comics whenever I could as a kid was because of the cosmic storylines. It's also why I found Spiderman comics boring as hell. FF was out there fighting planet eaters while Daredevil and Spiderman were out there fighting guys with peashooters and rocket-powered Halloween characters. :D

I really don't care about the Fantastic Four themselves because I think they're boring (outside of Franklin Richards), but they're basically considered one of the foundations of Marvel Comics, and a lot of it is because of the story arcs. Also, there's the history behind the FF title having given birth to many of the aforementioned characters as well as characters like the Black Panther. They're just comic OG's. lol.

15. Buck Turgidson

Dr Doom is indeed awesome

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok popular and the thing was very important moving stories forward and the FF was always very important in the crossover stuff.

I get it you are not a big fan of FF but FF has always been one of Marvel's top comics, I say arguably more popular than Thor.

Slyonebluejay and clos4life like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I never read their standalone comics, but enjoyed the crossover and cosmic events.

Galactus and Surfer might be a scope where it's too big for the audiences can chew (like how they made the nova corps powerless space cops rather than an sfx mess like Lantern), but it's doable if they build it up over time.

Most of the MCU formula has been about the characters, light hearted quips, sfx, and their personal and relatable growth. Surfer might be relatable (but dark) for his personal suffering, but an event like Annihilation might not work the same way as GoTG.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Some of this stuff they will probably spin off into miniseries on Disney+. FF main stories will be tentpole movies but I can see the individual characters getting their own series where they backfill the rich FF story.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's plenty of material for a Reed's failed expirements anthology to slowly seed in concepts.

Ultron might've been smoother with a slow roll and offer reasons for its bland robot army to look different.

Slyonebluejay and jiggyfly like this.
  20. Xerobull

November 2024