1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sony Spiderman is not my thing but this is pretty epic. Cant deny that.

zeeshan2 and Jontro like this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

I love it but hope theyre not in it for just ten minutes.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The Tobey Maguire Spidermans were so bad that I didn't even bother to watch the Andrew Garfield ones.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

will it also have an animated miles in this?

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

And a Spider-Pig?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

not halal
    @Yung-T

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

RUMOR: Spider-Man 3 Will Introduce Miles Morales to the MCU

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are rumored to have found an actor to portray Miles Morales, with a debut likely in the untitled Spider-Man 3.

BY TIM ADAMS16 HOURS AGO
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe may be close to finally introducing Miles Morales in the untitled Spider-Man 3.

According to MCU Cosmic, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have already found an actor to portray the younger Spider-Man. While the rumor doesn't outright pinpoint the third Tom Holland Spider-Man film as an entryway for Miles Morales' debut, it is the most likely option as it would have to be a Marvel Sony movie.

[​IMG]

If Miles Morales officially joins Spider-Man 3, he would join returning stars Holland and Zendaya, along with Jamie Foxx and Benedict Cumberbatch reprising their roles as the Electro and Doctor Strange, respectively. Cumberbatch's involvement comes on the heels of Jamie Foxx reprising his role as the villain Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The additions of Foxx and Cumberbatch has led to speculation that the third Spider-Man film starring Tom Holland could deal with the multiverse, which will be explored in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and WandaVision, a Marvel Studios series debuting later this year on Disney+.

The Doctor Strange actor recently revealed that filming on the sequel is set to start very soon. "I'm in pre-production with the second Dr. Strange film, which is very exciting. We will start filming in late October or early November," Cumberbatch said.

Miles Morales became a household name after he headlined Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse animated movie in 2018. The film was a critical and box office success, with the sequel seeing its release date pushed from April 8, 2022, to Oct. 7, 2022, due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Animator Nick Kondo confirmed Into the Spider-Verse 2 entered into production in June by releasing a short teaser for the animated flick. Miles will also headline Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a new video game launching on the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. His game serves as a sequel to Marvel's Spider-Man and will follow Miles as he looks to protect Brooklyn from a turf war between the evil Roxxon energy corporation and the Tinkerer's high-tech criminal army called the Underground.

2017's Spider-Man: Homecoming namedropped Miles in a deleted scene that featured his Uncle Aaron, portrayed by Donald Glover, proving to fans that he does exist in the MCU, even though we have yet to meet him.

FLASH21 likes this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm gonna sound like an old, but I feel like the whole "alternate realities" thing is just lazy. I can't come up with another character, so let me have someone else be him. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for thinking that way, but I just don't find it all that interesting. I loved Spider-Verse as a separate animated take on the concept...but the idea of blurring that with the MCU just seems odd to me. Of course at the end of the day its still Spidey, who I wanted to be when I was 6 years old, so it will probably be fine.

arkoe, Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No issue with your take at all. To me it seems interesting because it's a unique opportunity in that there are different iterations of the same characters in recent film. It could be fun or it could go really, really bad and confuse people.

It'd be like Daniel Craig & Pierce Brosnan being in the same 007.

Actually, I forget the Star Trek movie, I think it was the first in the most recent trilogy, but it had 2 Spocks. I thought that was executed in a cool way but I'm no fanboy.

MadMax likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Spoilerific

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seems like a cheap way to underpay and/or replace actors who stink or don't behave.

MadMax likes this.
  12. Xerobull

I think they went down this route to ultimately bring in the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchise without a hard reboot.

Not only that, Into the Spider-verse proved that the public's acceptance and appetite for multiverse theory (wasn't to complicated for the plebs).

It gives some fun setup like the multiple Spider-Men.

I agree with you guys that they could very easily cheapen it as a deus ex machina to replace actors or skip character development, and I hope that doesn't happen.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I liked the idea I heard bounced around where the new F4 movie would take place in the 60's, and that team would be brought into the modern MCU in some way. That'd be fun. I want to see some vintage style Marvel action.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. Xerobull

That's actually a great idea and works with real science with time dilation/near lightspeed travel.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, that! Sure! Get Christopher Nolan on the line.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I wasn’t sure I would like but hearing Doctor Strange will Be in it will help the multiverse explanation big time

19. Xerobull

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know it's tough to keep audiences riveted, but this feels like they are truly reaching. Unless they really surprise us. But I'll hold off until the reviews come in (whenever we're safe to go to the theaters again, say, 2022). Maybe this is the way to get crowds back in the multiplexes ("Covid? Who cares! I want to see Tobey Maguire squeeze his fat ass into the Spidey-suit!")

"Into the Spider-Verse" was an example of taking a tired formula and goosing it up. Great flick.

The Jake Gyllenhall Spider-Man movie from last year had its moments but was nevertheless pointless.