1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Shang-Chi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

ran into him at a food court last week for lunch. breh is short and doesn't look intimidating at all. he was buying some crepes. looked like i could've taken him.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Lololol, the least intimidating ones are the ones you have to watch out for. They are dangerous.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

he isn't even ripped doe. like i doubt he lifts. i could prolly take him at a game of 21. it would be straight massacre

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

People are definitely sick of it, perfect explanation as to why Marvel’s only made like 25 billion dollars in a decade and is the highest grossing franchise of all time.

LFE171, seclusion and arkoe like this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah cause it's the only thing playin in the cinemas, lol. You're not tired of it bro?

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought Shazam and even Aquaman were decent. Now that Fox marvel bit the dust, there's a new Pepsi in town.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind spending money on non comic book fantasy action...

7. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

It is certainly not the only show in town. Not Marvel’s fault they built a smooth running machine while other genres refuse to redefine themselves.

And no, long may it live.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Didn't say about no fault. Just over-saturation that's all. You're a fan, more power to you. I'm not, hope the genre dies soon.

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

they release like 3 movies a year. the perceived "over-saturation" is due to popularity, contrary to what you seem to think.

I wonder why it is you're here to **** on it? horror genre fell off because they relied on cheap thrills and gore for 20 years. nobody is allowed to laugh at anything so comedy is dead. michael bay ruined action movies by making them 100% cgi explosions. drama, nothing is more dramatic than the news....science fiction keeps opening new doors, new topics and marvel puts out consistently good movies.

people mad about movies. first world problems. :shrug:

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nope.

Dankstronaut and Killatron 2000 like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Reminds me of Yogi Berra's quote about a NYC restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What he said makes sense to me. It's like me saying - nobody goes to Central Market on the weekends, it's too crowded. Nobody going = reference to the typical people that normally go who live inside the loop and nearby. But on the weekends, it's crowded with the suburb people trekking in as if shopping at Central Market was some sort of "experience" for them (lulz). And the suburb people, they're "nobodies". But they sure can make a crowd.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

End games box office numbers show the fad is over. Time to make live action remakes of PBS shows.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Horror genre doing good actually. As far aa any other genre, it a top grosser.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Wing stop is the highest grossing franchise in the market right now, does it mean the food is good? How many screens did end game get compared to a movie like booksmart? If you live in a small city, you're fuked.

16. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Yes, because of movies like Us and the remake of It. Going back To psychologically thrilling instead of gore p*rn and loud noises. Let’s note the obvious elements of sci-fi in those while we’re at it.

I guess you agree about the other genres? And I’m not talking about food I don’t eat Or living anywhere besides this big ass city. Vote with your wallet. Or just eat at wing stop and watch movies you don’t want to see because you’re too lazy to make your opinion matter...

How about answering the question of why you’re only here to **** on a movie that hasn’t even begun production?

17. VanityHalfBlack

I'm not ******** on the movie. Just the genre, maybe this one will be good, who knows?

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS Cast Reveal Includes Classic Comic Book Villain Razor Fist
    [​IMG]
    Marvel Studios revealed the core Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings cast during Disney's Investor Day yesterday, and there were at least a couple of surprises. Find out more after the jump...
    JoshWilding | 12/11/2020
    Filed Under: "Shang-Chi"
    [​IMG]
    There was a huge amount of news coming out of Disney's Investor Day, and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings ended up getting a little lost in the shuffle!

While a few cast members were revealed during last year's San Diego Comic-Con, we now have some character names. However, they don't reveal a huge amount about what to expect; Awkwafina, for example, is playing Katy, Shang-Chi's "friend." On the plus side, The Mandarin is getting a name: Wenwu.

Michelle Yeoh is taking on the role of Jiang Nan, alongside Fala Chen as Jiang Li, Meng’er Zhang as Xialing, and Ronny Chieng as Jon Jon.

Perhaps the biggest reveal is that Florian Munteanu is playing classic comic book villain Razor Fist.

A brief synopsis for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has also been revealed, and that states: "Shang-Chi must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization."

Take a look at the announcement below:

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

First Trailer is out.....

20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Can't be worse than Captain Marvel

Invisible Fan and tinman like this.